Author Topic: SIP Trunk Issues - Caller ID, Ringing You Back, and Hold  (Read 1764 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
SIP Trunk Issues - Caller ID, Ringing You Back, and Hold
« on: July 17, 2019, 09:15:33 AM »
Guys,

I have 3 trunking issues on this system.

The system has CenturyLink IQ SIP Trunks and the customer has been experiencing the following issues.

1a. Calls that come into the system and get transferred back out of the system on another trunk will give a "Ringing You Back" message on the phone after 30 seconds if the number called doesn't answer before that time.

1b. Calls transferred from the Primary Controller to the Secondary Controller to go out trunks there will recall the transferring station with "Ringing You Back" message on the phone after 30 seconds if the number called doesn't answer before that time.

I looked for a 30 second timer in the phones CoS and the SIP Trunks CoS and didn't find anything at 30 seconds that would cause that problem.

ANSWER: Set the Phone, MiCC Port and Trunk CoS with the following: Suppress Simulated CCM after ISDN Progress - No, No Answer Recall: 125. What got me was the Suppress Simulated CCM after ISDN Progress since the Golden Rules stated that you had to have that turned on or it caused an alarm.

2. Call that get transferred back out to an external number no longer show the CPN Substitution that the customer wants on all outbound calls; instead it shows the Default CPN of the SIP Trunk.

The default CPN of the SIP Peer Profile has to be set to the CenturyLink IQ Trunk ID or you get a 404 error message so changing that doesn't work. If a call goes out normally the CPN Substitution works as expected. I have tried setting all of the Calling Line ID flags and the only thing I could get to happen was sending out the callers original number if I set Public Calling Party Number Passthrough was set, but the customer doesn't want to send out anything other than their CPN Substitution numbers.

ANSWER: IF you have only one Trunk with CenturyLink you can do the following: Set the P-Asserted Identity for Billing - Yes, Default CPN - [What number the customer wants to see going out], Override From Header with Default CPN, Under Zone - Default CPN for Billing - Set to [CenturyLink Trunk ID]. If you have more than one trunk I couldn't figure out how to force the call to look at Zone 2, 3. or 4 so I couldn't get it to work that way for the remaining 3. What I ended up doing was creating a SIP Adaption file that removed the P-Asserted Identity that was outpulsed and replaced it with {CenturyLinkTrunkID}@voip.centurylink.com. I had to create a custom one for each trunk as the Trunk ID obviously isn't the same on each one.

3. If a user makes a call out of the system and puts the call on Hold for 45 seconds or longer the audio does not get connected back up. The indicator that it should have been connected back up is that MoH is no longer played to the person on hold.

If they put the call back on hold after experiencing this problem MoH is no longer heard. If the call is hung up on either end the other side is notified right away; so signalling is good. I have tried transferring the call and putting it on hold and picking it back up and nothing seems to work. If someone calls into the system and gets put on hold they can be picked up with no issues. I have had an inbound call on hold for the full 180 seconds for the ring back and I am still able to pick the call up with no issue. I even tried setting the SIP Peer Profile SDP flag Avoid Signaling Hold to the Peer to No in order to notify the other side when Hold has been set on the 3300 and it didn't make a difference.

Any help or thoughts on narrowing down the issues would be appreciated!

Thanks,

TE
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 08:20:45 AM by Tech Electronics »

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SIP Trunk Issues - Caller ID, Ringing You Back, and Hold
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 10:00:45 AM »
Well it sounds like it's doing a supervised transfer and recalling the call back on external transfers. I'll have to poke around on some of the controllers I've got. I think I ended up adjusting no answer timer on the trunk COS but then it's weird because does the time of the phone originating the transfer or the trunk COS count.

No MBG in this case?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 01:06:34 PM »
NEPhoneGuy,

I do have 4 MBGs, but I direct calls out only 1 of the MBGs during non-failover scenarios.

Thanks,

TE

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 07:08:12 PM »
I would check the ring no answer timer in cos. default is 15 seconds for a recall.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10