Author Topic: MiVoice Business Express 8 - How to change local IP address range  (Read 2775 times)

Offline RhysDam

• View Profile
Hi guys

My current setup is a MiVoice Business Express 8 appliance hosted on my VMware cluster. I have inherited this network that is using public IP address space for its private network and I have a project to correct this but want to get confirmation on how to change the IP address of my MiVoice system.

Current IP Configuration
151.83.2.237 - MiVoice
151.83.3.0/24 - Phones & Workstations

New IP Configuration
192.168.3.5 - MiVoice
192.168.3.0/24 - Phones (VLAN 30)
192.168.2.0/24 - Workstations (VLAN 20)

From my understanding all I need to do is the following:
  • Login to SSH to access the Server Console
  • Use menu option "2. Configure this server" to change the IP address
  • Use menu option "8. Managed Trusted Network" to add the new IP range
  • Use menu option "6. Reboot, reconfigure or shut down this server" to reconfigure the server and reboot

Please can anyone let me know if I am missing any steps or if this is how you would do it.

Thanks in advance.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MiVoice Business Express 8 - How to change local IP address range
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 03:52:09 PM »
Only thing would be to put the phone system ip address on the same subnet

Offline RhysDam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 10:11:03 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

I am a Mitel beginner so apologies.

Please can you confirm how I would go about changing the phone system IP address?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 12:31:19 PM »
Under server-manager MiVoice Business. You might also need to adjust dhcp values for the phones

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 10:03:05 PM »
Actually... In this case I think it is a bit more complicated than that since we are dealing with a MiVoice Business Express... You would first need to reconfigure the MSL host with a new IP address via the SSH configuration menu, then after reboot reconfigure all of the pieces related to the MiVoice Business, not to mention you will need to touch DHCP, NuPoint, MiCollab Client, Audio Web Conference, and maybe more. If you are not familiar with MiVBX (a combo of MiCollab and vMCD) then you may want to engage a competent technician.

Offline RhysDam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 04:04:14 AM »
Under server-manager MiVoice Business. You might also need to adjust DHCP values for the phones
I have found that I can change the "System IP Address" under Server-manager -> Applications -> MiVoice Business
The DHCP is handled by outside of the Mitel system, but I understand that I will need to change the DHCP options to point to the new IP address.

Actually... In this case I think it is a bit more complicated than that since we are dealing with a MiVoice Business Express... You would first need to reconfigure the MSL host with a new IP address via the SSH configuration menu, then after reboot reconfigure all of the pieces related to the MiVoice Business, not to mention you will need to touch DHCP, NuPoint, MiCollab Client, Audio Web Conference, and maybe more. If you are not familiar with MiVBX (a combo of MiCollab and vMCD) then you may want to engage a competent technician.
On the MiVoice Business all the places I can see the IP address there is a green and yellow arrow pointing in opposite directions which from my understanding means they have been synced. Apart from "ICP/PBX Networking" where I am able to change the IP. Is that correct?

We only use the NuPoint and MiCollab Client, but going through the settings I don't see how to edit the IP address. Please could you tell me how to edit these two parts of the system?

Thanks

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 09:23:35 PM »

From my understanding all I need to do is the following:

Login to SSH to access the Server Console
    Use menu option "2. Configure this server" to change the IP address
    Use menu option "8. Managed Trusted Network" to add the new IP range
    Use menu option "6. Reboot, reconfigure or shut down this server" to reconfigure the server and reboot

Think this should cover the MSL

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2019, 04:47:28 AM »

On the MiVoice Business all the places I can see the IP address there is a green and yellow arrow pointing in opposite directions which from my understanding means they have been synced.

That icon means those forms are shared. It is not a status icon, it's just telling you that it will attempt to sync them whenever changes are made.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10