Author Topic: Administrator Access  (Read 1549 times)

Offline TPC

• View Profile
Administrator Access
« on: July 11, 2019, 10:54:06 AM »
Hi,  We have a Mitel 5224 IP Phone system.   I am now responsible for this but have no clue how to get administrator access?  There is  no handover and our handset provider, line provider and IT company can't help me?  What should I do next?

Thank you.

Tabitha

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Administrator Access
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 06:40:18 PM »
Should be able to hold down both volume buttons and relese the down and enter 345 to get into the phone network settings to determine the address of your controller. From there you can try the default login users and passwords

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 08:10:28 AM »
Hi,  We have a Mitel 5224 IP Phone system.   I am now responsible for this but have no clue how to get administrator access?  There is  no handover and our handset provider, line provider and IT company can't help me?  What should I do next?

Thank you.

Tabitha
No, you have a Mitel 5224 IP telephone... That model phone set can function on multiple system platforms. Finding the IP address and attempting to connect to it as johnp said will likely find the answer to which system. The steps you take from there vary widely depending on the system and it's vintage. In some cases if the default passwords do not work, it is necessary to get a dealer to assume ownership of the AMC record and work with support to do a password reset, which can cost hundreds of dollars, and in other cases there are simpler ways to gain access. If you have already determined it is a SX-200 or SX-2000 then if the default passwords do not work you will need to engage a Mitel dealer as there is no external reset option.

Offline TPC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 10:16:25 AM »
Thank you - I will try all suggested!  much appreciated.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10