Author Topic: Restrict calls to guest rooms  (Read 1199 times)

Offline tmnt1981

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Restrict calls to guest rooms
« on: July 02, 2019, 12:41:34 PM »
Hello, I've been doing Mitel on the enterprise side but an relatively new to the Hospitality flavor of the 3300.
I have a Hotel customer that wants to restrict calling from "Public Area phones."
It's a large site with an ISS,MXE and AX as the total solution running 5.0 SP1 PR1.
They want these phones to not be able to call the guest rooms but be able to call the front desk (0) and callout for emergencies (911).
I tried setting up interconnect restrictions but to no avail, the test phone is still able to call the guest rooms.
I set the DN I'm testing with (5633)to interconnect restriction 3 in the Uses and Devices \ and I'm restricting calls to interconnect restriction 2 which is the one I think the hotel rooms are set to.
They don't show up in Station Atributes form or the Users and Devices\ Service Details.
The only reference to the Guest Room extensions are in the Property Management Form.
The only reference to the Guest Room Interconnect Restriction number is Property Management\Hotel Options\Call Block Affected interconnect number(50) and Call Block unaffected Interconnect number (2).
If this is not where to locate the interconnect restriction for the hotel rooms?
Is there another way to accomplish this?

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: Restrict calls to guest rooms
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 07:05:38 PM »
You might want to figure out exactly where the Room extensions are programmed before trying to design an internconnect restriction.
They might be on a different box, in which case your Public phone might be getting to them via ARS routing.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10