Author Topic: 1 user having wonky issues, can't figure it out.  (Read 1505 times)

Offline subdivisions

• Contributer
    • View Profile
1 user having wonky issues, can't figure it out.
« on: July 01, 2019, 10:52:06 AM »
I have a user on my Mitel system who is consistantly having issues with her phone.  She has a 5360, with bluetooth headset and wireless handset.  She gets random dropped calls (Line just drops dead, like it hangs up).. She was just on a call and the call dropped with a "Call Failed, Reorder Tone??"  What the hell is that?!?

Anyway, we have swapped phones, cat 6 cables, different port in the POE Switch, shes even in a different office now.. We cant figure this out!  Where do we start to trace it?  Could it be electronic intereference with something in her office?  Its the only thing that came with her to thenew office (PC, triple monitors, scanners etc)..  She's the only one having an issue with over 30 extensions running just fine...

Im open to all thoughts and suggestions.

https://ibb.co/vdXyPF5

That is the error she got on the screen on the pc.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 1 user having wonky issues, can't figure it out.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 06:54:18 AM »
subdivisions,

You are going to have to look at the system OAI stream or Error Logs to figure out what is happening. The Phone Manager Client is not a good tool for troubleshooting issues on a phone.

Thanks,

TE

Offline cahrens

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 05:27:26 PM »
I would say there is a pretty good chance that it's an electronic interference kind of problem. Make sure to move the phone as far away from anything that is broadcasting a WiFi signal. Something is interfering with the Bluetooth signal.

Offline subdivisions

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 12:47:41 PM »
Just an update on this.. I misspoke when saying it was a bluetooth issue.  The phones in question (5360) have the DECT Module in it.  What seems to be happening is during a call, the Dect Module blue light will turn off, the call seems to still be active (the user in question believes if she hits the speaker button, the call will resume on the speaker phone) but the Dect module, and or communication goes dead. 

We have changed phones, and the same thing has occured.  Its not on every call, but it happens enough to be not trustworthy when on the phone and is causing the user to use her cell phone for calls.  I have put a corded handset on the unit today and unpaired the 2 dect devices (handset and headset) to at least make the unit trustworthy to use.

The question is what is interfering, or why is the dect module dying?  There is no wifi inside her office that can be the issue.. (I have global wifi in the office and no one else has dect issues, including myself whos sitting right on top of the wifi router basically)..  Her iphone 8 is there which has wifi on, and standard pc equipment, printers, scanners, monitor etc..  Its Crazy. 

Offline magnus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 02:57:43 PM »
It sounds like the DECT module is failing.
You said you changed phones, so I assume you mean you used your working phone in place of hers with the same accessories.
If not then that is what I would look at.

Offline subdivisions

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 03:12:02 PM »
We actually swapped it out with a completely different phone..  Same model (5360).. I gave her my phone, i took hers.  I have had no issues with it, she had issues with mine, which i never did.  It's almost like that issue where a person has too much a charge and it can effect electronic devices... Its BATTY.  We even went so far to give her a 6xxx model SIP phone, but she didn't like the phone and wanted the 5360 back (the 6xxx couldnt be setup the same way as the 5xxx, its close but some things can get annoying, but thats for another thread).

I was reading some old posts and see there was maybe a old firmware that caused issues?  I dont think thats the case, it really feels like something in her office is causing some sort of wonky interference issue.  A total disaster to pin down.

Offline subdivisions

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2020, 12:25:00 PM »
Just want to re-hash this, there has been no answer or rhyme or reason to it.  The user the last few weeks has been using a corded handset with no issues... but i turned off the dect module so no wireless headset functionality can be used either, and she really wants to use that again.  Do i go with a corded headset?  It kind of defeats the purose and i just can't figure out how 2 different phones, with her, exhibit the same dropping of calls, when for me at my desk they work just fine and have never dropped a call (the 5360)...

I cant find any intereference in her office that could randomly cause this but it has to be something i obviously can't see.  Shes even in a new office, and it does the same thing as her old office?!?!?!  Can it be her?  Does she have too much a personal charge thats making it drop?  Im at wits end here.  No one else has these issues with the system or devices, including my cube which has so much electric and electronic devices in it im basically Space-X.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2020, 01:05:57 PM »
subdivisions,

Have you tried moving the phone at least 9' from where it currently sits or better yet move it to the other side of the room and away from any windows.

Are there other phones within 9' of this users phone that don't have that issue?

Thanks,

TE

Offline subdivisions

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2020, 02:01:54 PM »
In her old office i did move it to the other side of the desk but the problem did not go away..  There are no other phones (other then her cell phone) within at least 15 feet of hers (and thats thru a wall, she has her own office)..  Moving the phone so far away hampers her ability to use it as well, so while obviously for testing purposes its one thing...

All she has in her office is 3 printers, a desktop PC, check scanner, desktop scanner, 3 monitors, wireless keyboard and mouse.  While its alot, my station has 10x that, and i never have a single blip.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2020, 06:58:37 AM »
subdivisions,

I have only run into one person my entire life who had a problem with electronics near their body and they had to use a windup watch so I am not going to say that is impossible, but there is typically an answer to the problem if you dig down far enough.

I assume you have made sure it isn't a user error or mishandling of the headset correct?

Other than that I don't have anything else to try except to sit in on them for a day until the problem arises. If it is happening as much as they state then it shouldn't take long for the problem to be identified.

Although DECT normally doesn't have interference issues since it uses frequency and time division multiplexing as it works, but does your company have a frequency scanner to detect for errant signals that might interfere with it in the 1880-1900 MHz range?

If you can't get the DECT headset to work then you may need to look at other non-integrated options; such as Plantronics headsets.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10