Author Topic: MiVoice Office 250 wishes  (Read 1496 times)

Offline JeffonJohnsIsland

• View Profile
MiVoice Office 250 wishes
« on: June 28, 2019, 02:05:35 PM »
I hijacked another thread with a comment on topic and then went off on a tanget/hijack.  Afterwards I thought of several more wishes, pet peeves, etc..

Can't disable feature codes.  No, the user shouldn't be able to disable System Forwarding, or turn on music over the phone, or your whatever feature you don't want the user to change.

Can't copy a single flag (or other setting) from one extension to another.

Node to node Hot Desking.  Sure, you can use Phone Manager, but it's not as simple (additional training), and calls from a Phone Manager "Hot Desk" don't show the users extension.  Do you think Mitel is motivated to enable node to node Hot Desking from MiVoice Office 250 with using Phone Manager?  My bet is nope.

Attendant Console--just upgraded to latest version and it wiped out all the receptionist entries which were added manually (employee cell phones).

What's your wish or list of wishes?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: MiVoice Office 250 wishes
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 02:23:13 PM »
Support for 6900 series phones in MiNet mode directly... Anything else is secondary and I can live without.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 05:24:24 PM »
I haven't looked at the 6900 phones.  Since we have Phone Manager now (to deal with Hot Desking and 911 between nodes) maybe I should look into the phone plus licensing cost and compare that to the 5340 we usually purchase.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 05:35:26 PM »
Attendant Console

I thought about using System Speed Dials instead of manually entered numbers (so the cell numbers wouldn't be lost) for the Attendant Console.  What I found is the receptionist sort by first name.  Since Mitel injects Speed-Dial Bin XX into the Attendant console first name location, I am hearing resistance to that idea.  I did find if I put Last,First in last name for a system speed dial, it will put the first name in the first name column, then add a comma and Speed-Dial Bin XX, without spaces between first name and Speed-Dial Bin XX.  Kind of ugly. 

Also reading the Attendant Console manual, I can see why I have to enter the first and last names in certain user fields so it sorts for the receptionists.  Oh well! 

From the manual--The telephone system Intercom Directory and phone display identifies intercom numbers
using their programmed usernames, while the MiVoice Office 250 Attendant Console directory
uses their programmed description. The description reflects the directory name format
of the telephone system database (Last, First).  This seems like such an easy fix, isn't it just mapping the fields to a different variable?

Of course, it would be nice to specify where the data file for the Attendant Console is going to reside, such as on a network drive.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 08:05:21 PM »
I haven't looked at the 6900 phones.  Since we have Phone Manager now (to deal with Hot Desking and 911 between nodes) maybe I should look into the phone plus licensing cost and compare that to the 5340 we usually purchase.
The 6900 series phones are mere shadow of the 5300 series on the MiVO 250... they are SIP devices with Phone Manager used as a "hack" to get many common features of the proprietary phones to work on them, but not all.  Many of the limitations of SIP devices still apply to them.

This is not true of these sets on the MiVoice Business, they operate in true MiNet mode and support all the features of the 5300 series plus more, without the need of an external server to supplement the phone system. It makes no sense why they are not supported on the MiVO250 the same way unless Mitel is specifically trying to make the platform less desirable for whatever reason.

We have several 6900 series phones on our test/demo system, but our tech and management team decided together some time ago to not sell them to customers due to the limitations involved and the fact that a separate server is required which few, if any, of our clients would be interested in. Instead we have been pushing other products and our own hosted platform. It's sad really, if the phones were supported properly I am sure we would sell several systems per year.

Offline Willtech

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 09:49:54 PM »
My wish is to allow the SYstem Admin Diagnostic to work with Mivoice Office Applications Suite.  You lose the diagnostic and they haven’t added it Mivoice Office App suite.  The just need to allow 2 connections at same time.I do wish they would allow the 6900 series sets to work Minet. I wish the ip device and sip device license was the same like on 3300.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2019, 06:52:37 AM »
JeffonJohnsIsland,

No, you can't disable feature codes, but you can make it harder for them to use them if you don't want them to; essentially doing the same thing.
If you want to just make a single flag change to a bunch of phones then you do it through the System > Phone-Related Information > Flags.
Node to Node Hot Desking: Not sure what phones you are referring to that require Phone Manager unless it is the 69xx phones and I don't work on those with the MiVO-250.
Attendant Console has an export feature and you can copy out their file, which you should run prior to any upgrades/updates.

Acejavelin,

I am in the same boat as you on this one. If they would support the 69xx series phones as MiNet then we would start selling the MiVO-250 again. Mitel's answer to why they won't is due to how the 69xx series phones keys are updated that the MiVO-250 can't support.

Willtech,

Not sure what you are referring to there.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Willtech

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2019, 07:12:05 PM »
Willtech,

Not sure what you are referring to there.

Thanks,

TE
[/quote]

You lose Advanced System Diagnotics when you turn up phone manager/MiO app suite.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 08:00:41 AM »
250 and Applications Suite, Virtualised on one machine, please and thank you.

Oh, and 6900 to work remotely as easy as 5300 series.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2019, 09:53:02 AM »
The weakest link on the 250 platform is the endpoints. The 53xx phones are expensive, and on the digital side 8528/8568 are garbage.

We're beginning a transition from 250 to 3300, and I now truly appreciate the feature set and flexibility of the 250 more than ever.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10