Author Topic: Am I the only one?  (Read 849 times)

Offline jmorgan121

• View Profile
Am I the only one?
« on: June 27, 2019, 08:40:33 PM »
Am I the only one who feels like Mitel is going out of there way to punish their partners? We sell and service mostly Office 250 systems. I can no longer find reasonably priced wireless accessories for the 53xx phones because Mitel is focusing on the 69xx series. However, the only way I can implement 69xx series phones somewhat effectively is to sale Phone Manager due to a lack of Minet. Now I have customers that have purchased systems within the past 2 years that I can't accommodate. I'm sorry sir, the $20K you spent last year was to buy phones that Mitel no longer makes cordless handsets for. But if you'd like to drop another $10K, I can put another server on your network and get you some nice looking new phones with limited functionality that they do offer cordless accessories for. And what is with this Premium Software assurance? What a crock!!!!
I can go hosted and get the 69xx, but Oria is an absolute TURD! And don't even get me started on the Shoretel. That product is designed to cut the partner out of the equation entirely. Sorry for venting, just really frustrated.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Am I the only one?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 08:53:56 PM »
Am I the only one who feels like Mitel is going out of there way to punish their partners? We sell and service mostly Office 250 systems. I can no longer find reasonably priced wireless accessories for the 53xx phones because Mitel is focusing on the 69xx series. However, the only way I can implement 69xx series phones somewhat effectively is to sale Phone Manager due to a lack of Minet. Now I have customers that have purchased systems within the past 2 years that I can't accommodate. I'm sorry sir, the $20K you spent last year was to buy phones that Mitel no longer makes cordless handsets for. But if you'd like to drop another $10K, I can put another server on your network and get you some nice looking new phones with limited functionality that they do offer cordless accessories for. And what is with this Premium Software assurance? What a crock!!!!
I can go hosted and get the 69xx, but Oria is an absolute TURD! And don't even get me started on the Shoretel. That product is designed to cut the partner out of the equation entirely. Sorry for venting, just really frustrated.
Your not wrong... I assume you mean the cordless handsets? Yeah, and they are ridiculously over priced on the secondary market do to high demand.

Honestly, we feel the MiVO 250 is a dead horse without native support for 69xx phones and I don't think we have sold more than 3 or 4 in the last 2 years, but instead sell the MiVB or Broadsoft hosted (we have our own Broadsoft platform)... And ESI phone systems for smaller companies that want to own their own equipment.

Honestly though, it is really hard to compete with a GOOD hosted service provider if you have decent Internet in your area.

Offline jmorgan121

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 09:02:27 PM »
My market is saturated with businesses that have 10-20 phones and 5 or 6 loop starts. How do you justify 20 seats at $30 a pop per month in perpetuity while only offsetting a $200 a month phone bill?

Offline Vicbob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 08:12:48 AM »
They also did away with the 5324 IP phone,

Vicbob

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10