Author Topic: Can't call DIDs from the Mitel PBX  (Read 1622 times)

Offline filly

• View Profile
Can't call DIDs from the Mitel PBX
« on: June 25, 2019, 03:07:28 PM »
We just upgraded our old Inter-tel Axxess to a new Mitel MiVoice 250. After the upgrade, we are no longer able to call our own DIDs from inside the Mitel. Calling in from outside PBX work fine. These DIDs are on a single PRI and it worked with the old system. I know it sounds dumb, but some of our users are bent out of shape about this. Any ideas?

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't call DIDs from the Mitel PBX
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 04:06:21 PM »
Can you make these system speed dials so they route back to the station?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 04:06:53 PM »
filly,

Can't they just dial the extension so they don't tie up a channel on the PRI?

Thanks,

TE

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 04:09:27 PM »
NEPhoneGuy,

This isn't a 3300 it is a MiVO-250 and it doesn't work that way with the System Speed Dials the it does with System Speed Calls on a 3300.

A System Speed Dial expects to dial outside of the system and won't send calls directly to an extension.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 01:38:26 PM »
What happens if you try dialing your own DID? Do you get call failed on the handset? or do you get a recording saying "The call cannot be completed as dialed"

Offline filly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 03:44:23 PM »
All I get is a slow busy tone and nothing descriptive on the display.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 04:09:10 PM »
filly,

This is a carrier issue or a misconfiguration if you are not seeing anything on the display of the phone. It sounds as though you are not a technician so you will probably need to get them to look at the ISDN setup messages to see what the error is and report that to your carrier if need be or resolve the issue with reconfiguration.

Thanks,

TE

Offline JeffonJohnsIsland

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2019, 01:54:07 PM »
MiVoice 250 with one PRI.  I am able to dial DID from an extension.  I would have to agree, smarter to dial extension number.  I would bet the problem is with the PRI supplier, but that's a SWAG.

Tanget...
The one that burns me is not being able to forward an incoming call off a PRI to an employees cell phone and have the CID of the incoming call show on the cell.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2019, 04:08:18 PM »
The one that burns me is not being able to forward an incoming call off a PRI to an employees cell phone and have the CID of the incoming call show on the cell.

Is Propagate Original Caller ID on Transfer enabled?

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2019, 05:18:34 PM »
PRI carrier won't let us send a CID that we don't own.  I haven't asked to have the restriction removed, I should pursue that option.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2019, 08:10:04 PM »
PRI carrier won't let us send a CID that we don't own.  I haven't asked to have the restriction removed, I should pursue that option.
This is common with many carriers in my area, and most do not allow for it as an option... Many businesses who want to go this route have to go SIP.

Unfortunately, the MIVO 250 does not have the option to send a BTN (Billing TN number) for calls with a caller ID that is not a DID.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2019, 12:46:35 PM »
AceJavelin,

What's interesting is our incoming lines are SIP (from what I understand) currently come across a DS1 (T1), are run through an Adtran to interface with the Mitel 250 Office via a T1/Pri card.  Bottom line is from what I understand, we have SIP lines, that terminate at the Mitel 250 Office as a T1/PRI.  Seems like we should be able to send out the incoming call's TN when transfering a call.  I suspect the T1/PRI is probably the problem.  I am looking at a bit of redundancy (T1/PRI was down for six hours last week.  Carrier replaced a card and it was up. Six hours to replace a card?)  and having some trunks available at a different physical location, where there is another MiVoice Office.  We could accept SIP or T1/PRI at that location.  The trunks at the second location would be shared with the current location which has the T1/PRI. 

We could switch to SIP for both locations, and do away with the T1/PRI.  The downside is licensing costs.  I don't see management saying go ahead and throw away the T1/PRI and buy SIP licenses.  Honestly, the thought of going all SIP isn't the most comforting for me.  I am not sure SIP is quite up to the easy configuration that T1/PRI is. 

What's frustrating is I can't send out the caller ID of a incoming call, yet the scammers are able to do so.  Yes, the freaking scammers/caller ID spoofers have been bugging me quite a bit in the last week on my cell and the T1/PRI trunks.  I would really like to see the caller ID spoofers gone.

Jeff

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10