Author Topic: How to Auto Release Busy Trunk More Than x Minutes  (Read 2028 times)

Offline BlaxWalker

• Contributer
    • View Profile
How to Auto Release Busy Trunk More Than x Minutes
« on: June 25, 2019, 07:02:12 AM »
Hi Guys,

Sorry for this newbie question. Currently I works with Mitel MXe-III 3000 release 8.0 SP3 PR1. We are still using analog (copper wired) CO trunks for incoming and outgoing, thus some incoming call can not be terminated due CO tone detection sometime can not detect end of call tone.

Usually, I do a regular check on Maintenance & Diagnostics menu using this command:
STATE TRUNK GROUP

If the trunk is full of busy line, i clear the trunk using these commands:
BUSY TRUNK GROUP
FORCE (to force busy on all line)
RTS TRUNK GROUP (to put all line ready to use for incoming/outgoing)

The question is: are there any method to auto terminate all busy line which have been busy for some time (let's say 60 minutes) automatically?

If there is no such method, can I be emailed by Mitel 3000 if one of my trunks has all busy line?

Thank you for your help...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 07:05:46 AM by BlaxWalker »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: How to Auto Release Busy Trunk More Than x Minutes
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 11:23:45 AM »
You are trying to solve the symptom rather than the problem here...

The problem is why are the trunks locking up? You should look at your call flow and see why these calls are getting hung up, or why your carrier is not sending you a positive disconnect signal.

What you are asking for is not possible, but even if it was it would only be masking the real problem which will likely still cause some issues. Solve the core problem and you don't need to worry about a backwoods hack.

The closest you will get is a daily reboot using the PROGRAMMED REBOOT SCHEDULE maintenance command, which again would just mask the symptom but not solve the real problem.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 11:25:30 AM by acejavelin »

Offline BlaxWalker

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 10:41:00 PM »
You are trying to solve the symptom rather than the problem here...

The problem is why are the trunks locking up? You should look at your call flow and see why these calls are getting hung up, or why your carrier is not sending you a positive disconnect signal.

What you are asking for is not possible, but even if it was it would only be masking the real problem which will likely still cause some issues. Solve the core problem and you don't need to worry about a backwoods hack.

The closest you will get is a daily reboot using the PROGRAMMED REBOOT SCHEDULE maintenance command, which again would just mask the symptom but not solve the real problem.

Hi acejavelin,

Thank you for your opinion. Yes we are currently on progress to migrate our copper wired CO trunks to FO for better tone detection, but the process is quite problematic here. Meanwhile, our line is bombarded by spam call and that worsen our "busy line" condition.

If Mitel can not auto release the trunk, in the mean time (before CO trunk migration progress completed) our management want us to analyze how often our trunk locked up by busy line every days. So, if Mitel can provide us auto email notification for that, it will be very helpful instead of monitoring and run STATE TRUNK GROUP every second :D

oh, and btw, reboot the PABX is not our option here since this locked up is heavily happen, even in the work hours...

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 08:08:31 PM »
Think they might be doing some kind of unsupervised trunk to trunk connection here. Certainly a trunk will drop when the internal party hangs up without any tone. This user need to provide some more info for sure.

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 01:07:56 PM »
In the trunk COS you can try to enable the following options

Enable call duration limit on external calls - default = No
Enable call duration limit on internal calls - default = No

Then set the timer to say 30 minutes

Offline BlaxWalker

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 05:58:45 AM »
Think they might be doing some kind of unsupervised trunk to trunk connection here. Certainly a trunk will drop when the internal party hangs up without any tone. This user need to provide some more info for sure.

Hi jonp

Please see my attachment. In that picture, I run this command: STATE TRUNK GROUP <NUM>, and it shows that all the line member of trunk is all occupied due CO tone detection sometime can not detect end of call tone...

Offline BlaxWalker

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 06:00:35 AM »
In the trunk COS you can try to enable the following options

Enable call duration limit on external calls - default = No
Enable call duration limit on internal calls - default = No

Then set the timer to say 30 minutes

Hi v2win,

I already tried but still no effect...

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10