Author Topic: Mitel 5550 software across VLAN's issue  (Read 1760 times)

Offline ajarnold

• View Profile
Mitel 5550 software across VLAN's issue
« on: June 25, 2019, 06:12:57 AM »
Hi guys

I'm new here but I hope you can help me with an issue I've been stuck with for a few weeks.

I've got a 5550 IP switchboard keypad and the software, version 4.3.0.10. When both the keypad and computer are connected to the same Voice VLAN, it all works absolutely fine.

We need to move the computer over to our data VLAN so it can see the domain, get updates, query AD etc. When I move it over, the keypad connection fails. The connection is passing a firewall but we cannot see any traffic being blocked between the two devices. Ping is successful, and we've also opened the the following ports:

Ports: TCP 6900, TCP 7050, TCP 7011, TCP 49500-49599.

The log file on the 5550 IP computer reports:

javaw                MiDAS                WARN - Design - MiSystem.getImpl()(): Used MiSystemDefault
    javaw                MainApp              5_prependConsoleTime set false. Prepend console app timestamp is off.
    javaw                MainApp              ********* IP Console application started **********
    javaw                MessageServices      5_MsgSrvEvents set false. Message Services Events is off.
    javaw                MessageServices      5_MsgSrvTimerEvents set false. Message Services Timer Events is off.
    javaw                CommServices         CommService is starting up
    javaw                CommServices         class com.mitel.pcconsole.communicationServices.Service MsgConsumer is starting up: MsgQueue contains 0 messages.
    javaw                MessageServices      5_MsgSrvEvents set false. Message Services Events is off.
    javaw                MainApp              5_autoZipLogsOnSignificantEvent set false. Auto zip log file upon significant events is off.
    javaw                MainApp              5_autoZipLogsOnSignificantEvent set false. Auto zip log file upon significant events is off.
    javaw                CallHandlingTrace    5_KeybrdMsgTrace set false. Keyboard Message Trace is off.
    javaw                EmergencyCallLog     5_EmerCallLogMsgTrace set false. Emergency Call Log Message Trace is off.
    javaw                CPM                  Starting the PCConsoleState(PCConsole createdPCConsole) constructor.
    javaw                CPM                  Ending the PCConsoleState(PCConsole createdPCConsole) constructor.
    javaw                CallHandlingModel    5_CallHndlgMsgTrace set false. Call Handling Message Trace is off.
    javaw                CallHandlingModel    5_CallHndlgEvents set false. Call Handling Events is off.
    javaw                CallHandlingTrace    CallHandlingStateObjects.txt is absent - Call Handling State Objects is Off
    javaw                Synchronization      SyncManager: initialize()
    javaw                ConnectionManager    ConnectionStateWaitingForDeviceRegistration::enterState: ConnectionStateWaitingForDeviceRegistration
    javaw                UCAUserMessaging     UCAPresenceMonitor instance initialized
    javaw                ICPPhonebook         PhonebookICPScheduler: register com.mitel.pcconsole.additionalFields.directory.IC PBasedDirectory Assigned Engine:com.mitel.pcconsole.phonebook.model.PhonebookEngi ne@15dd32a
    javaw                GuestServices        5_GstSrvMsgTrace set false. Guest Services Message Trace is off.
    javaw                GuestServices        5_GstSrvEvents set false. Guest Services Events is off.
    javaw                ICPPhonebook         PhonebookICPScheduler: register com.mitel.pcconsole.guestServices.gui.GuestServic esCoordinator Assigned Engine:com.mitel.pcconsole.phonebook.model.PhonebookEngi ne@5a9c5d
    javaw                UCAUserMessaging     Unable to get Idle Time of the PC
    javaw                Directories          DirectoryManager: Handle state change messages. Msg: DirectoryMessage:  Time: Fri Jun 21 14:56:02 BST 2019
    javaw                Directories          new:Count:0
    javaw                Directories          old:Count:0
    javaw                Directories          DirectoryManager: Runtime memory usage after handover. Occupied: 25096848 == total: 29851648 and Maximum: 518979584  Fri Jun 21 14:56:02 BST 2019
    javaw                BLGMGR               FileBasedBLF: createCompanyBLFList request delayed.
    javaw                CommControlChan      CommService::startupControl() is starting up
    javaw                MiDAS                INFO - Design - MiNetService.MiNetService(): Instantiated
    javaw                Win32ServicesJNI     Addr: 172.25.208.16, RTT:2 ms, TTL:58
    javaw                Win32ServicesJNI     pingHost returned true
    javaw                Win32ServicesJNI     Addr: 172.25.208.16, RTT:2 ms, TTL:58
    javaw                UCAUserMessaging     UCAPresenceMonitor::disconnectedEvent

Shortly after, the following appears

javaw                Win32ServicesJNI     Addr: 172.25.208.16, RTT:2 ms, TTL:56
    javaw                DataServicesJNI      Unable to bind to XA Servant.
    javaw                DataServicesJNI      Can't connect to ExApp
    javaw                DataServicesJNI      IP_CONSOLE_CLIENT: Bind Failed
    javaw                ConnectionManager    The TKB has failed to connect to or has lost connection with the IP console application.
    javaw                CommControlChan      CommService.shutdownControl() is shutting down
    javaw                CommControlChan      CommService::startupControl() is starting up
    javaw                DataServicesJNI      Unable to bind to XA Servant.
    javaw                DataServicesJNI      Can't connect to ExApp
    javaw                DataServicesJNI      IP_CONSOLE_CLIENT: Bind Failed

I'm just wondering if i've missed any ports or anything else? I'm not really sure how to fix this.

I wanted to put an any to any rule in on the firewall rule between the devices to see if that works, but my company has refused this.  :(

Any help would be most appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 06:25:51 AM by ajarnold »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mitel 5550 software across VLAN's issue
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 11:20:24 AM »
I was always told (or perhaps believed due to experience) that the keypad and computer should be on the same subnet, or at the very least on a purely routeable network (ie. no firewall in between).

If the firewall is an issues, see if they will temporarily setup an any/any rule from the IP of the PC to the IP of the keypad. I would also recommend setting up DHCP static reservations for both the PC and keyboard.

I had this same issue at very... ummm... let's say "overly security conscious" company, and the solution wound up being making a VM in the voice VLAN just for the console software and the receptionist would RDP to that machine on a second monitor. This solved the network issue and as a secondary benefit allowed each receptionist to use a common login for settings, preferences, etc. in the console.

Offline ajarnold

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 04:51:13 AM »
Hi Ace

Thanks for the reply.

If the firewall is an issues, see if they will temporarily setup an any/any rule from the IP of the PC to the IP of the keypad.

Unfortunately they won't allow that. I put that in my first post, and seems like the most sensible temporary solution just to at least identify where the issue is.

I would also recommend setting up DHCP static reservations for both the PC and keyboard.

Yep we've got a static reservation configured for the keypad with the correct DHCP options configured. The light on the keypad is going out, so it's getting an IP and can register it with the Mitel 3300 OK, so I think that side of things is fine. The PC is DHCP, but we've opened up the firewall rules to the entire network should the machine blow up and we need to quickly set it up elsewhere.

I had this same issue at very... ummm... let's say "overly security conscious" company, and the solution wound up being making a VM in the voice VLAN just for the console software and the receptionist would RDP to that machine on a second monitor. This solved the network issue and as a secondary benefit allowed each receptionist to use a common login for settings, preferences, etc. in the console.

Interesting suggestion. We would need to open up RDP through the firewall but that's as complicated as it gets. I may consider this should I not have any success.

Additionally, I've got my hands on the 5550IP firewall port guide and we were missing ports 6900, 6902 from the keypad to the computer, and also 7691 from the computer to the keypad. I've requested the rules are added, so hopefully it will work again after this..

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 09:23:21 PM »
The simple way to check this is to find out the IP address of the Console then check the FW log for any denied connections to or from that IP address so you can then request a FW rule that allows those connections.

The Console needs ports like 6806 and 6807 (via MBG), 443 and 1606, maybe 6815, 20001 (to MCD) and 18100 to the MiCollab.
But you don't need to guess, just look at the FW log.

Offline ajarnold

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 04:16:18 AM »
The simple way to check this is to find out the IP address of the Console then check the FW log for any denied connections to or from that IP address so you can then request a FW rule that allows those connections.

The Console needs ports like 6806 and 6807 (via MBG), 443 and 1606, maybe 6815, 20001 (to MCD) and 18100 to the MiCollab.
But you don't need to guess, just look at the FW log.

Hi,

Our firewall log didn't show any blocked connections as we checked this. I'm happy to report that our network management company identified an issue with a firmware update performed to one of their network devices they manage, so they've made some changes and it's now working.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10