Author Topic: MiCollab Contact List  (Read 2542 times)

Offline rhys.ci.hughes

• View Profile
MiCollab Contact List
« on: June 18, 2019, 04:19:59 PM »
Hello all

I was wondering what people are doing to share contacts via the MiCollab (Mobile app with soft phone and PC app with soft phone)?

The desk phone have the telephone directory which is perfect but can that be shared with the MiCollab. I know the corporate one can’t but do you have any other way in which you can add it to the personal section.

If the above is not an option then can you use anything else that will allow a company to to share customer contacts (add / modify) that will populate the contacts on the MiCollab applications?

I have tried Office 365 with a shared contact list that I have shared with members on Windows 10 PC’s. Using Outlook the contacts only seemed to be pulled from the users contacts and not the shared contacts.

If anyone can think of any other ways that will be a great help. Currently using the latest MiCollab release and calendar integration is not an option

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Martin

• View Profile
Re: MiCollab Contact List
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 08:37:53 AM »
I spoke to Mitel about the whole external contacts/personal contacts in MiCollab Release 8+. I even raised a feature design request with them as we, as well as customers were becoming increasingly frustrated with the lack of ability to easily control/create your own personal contacts in the new MiCollab PC client, especially as the 7.3 client let you do this!!

Essentially they came back with an answer, you have the following options:

Sync with an existing AD server
Create an external LDAP server
Sync with outlook personal contacts
Sync with Windows 10 people app
Or.. use a work around by creating dummy users through MiCollab which link to external speedcalls

There is no way for users to control or create their own personal contacts in the new MiCollab PC client, or for the client to sync directly with the existing telephone directory on the MiVoice Business, which personally I find absurd as you can have a mixture of softphones and deskphones in the same business that arent able to see the same telephone directory, its a tough one to explain the reasons behind that when a customer asks..

Anyway, I was told something along the lines of.. thats how it is, live with it :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10