Author Topic: Mitel 250 with AT&T IPFlex PRI  (Read 1503 times)

Offline Willtech

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 250 with AT&T IPFlex PRI
« on: June 15, 2019, 01:57:52 PM »
I am about to switch out a Cortelco Eon with a Mitel 250 that has a AT&T IP Flex PRI.  I don’t have the ability to see the setup on old Cortelco.  Only thing AT&T will tell me is delivering 10 digits and calls are delivered in ascending order....has anyone connected  to IP Flex via PRI connection if so can you give me an idea of settings might be?  I figure ISDN type would be National? Any help is appreciated

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 250 with AT&T IPFlex PRI
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 06:54:33 PM »
Any reason why you're using a PRI handoff? IP Flex SIP integration is pretty straightforward and eliminates the need for a T1 card.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 09:42:52 AM »
Any reason why you're using a PRI handoff? IP Flex SIP integration is pretty straightforward and eliminates the need for a T1 card.
We do these kind of flips all the time... Customer has a PRI and moves to voice SIP service but doesn't want to invest in the licenses for SIP trunks, just reuse the PRI card. It's generally as problem free as SIP trunks are. Most companies provide Adtran TA series devices, and honestly as long as the power is on a good UPS, these will generally have better uptimes and be more problem free than the VoIP carrier's switches. :)

And to Willtech, these are usually fairly simple as PRI's are largely standardized now. Most likely you just need to move the cable, or make a T-1 crossover cable (remember this is different than an Ethernet x-over cable) and plug it in. If it doesn't work, verify you are set to NI-2/Bellcore and in general everything works. You usually don't have to mess with the digits in a 5000, it will match based on the last digits of the DNIS digits, so if your CRA is built on 4-digits and the new carrier is sending you 10, the 5000 will essentially ignore the first 6-digits and match accordingly. These kind of change outs are usually pain free and simple.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 06:58:08 AM by acejavelin »

Offline Willtech

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 09:56:03 AM »
Thanks so much for the help.  The are not staying with AT&T. Contract is up in a year then the go with new service provider with a TDM PRI ...this is a 24/7 medical facility and they want the trunks with an SLA and TDM PRI works best. The phone system is dying and they need something now.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 12:09:37 PM »
Thanks so much for the help.  The are not staying with AT&T. Contract is up in a year then the go with new service provider with a TDM PRI ...this is a 24/7 medical facility and they want the trunks with an SLA and TDM PRI works best. The phone system is dying and they need something now.
Gotcha... I misread the first post... You should have no issues moving the PRI to the MiVoice Office 250, and the MiVO is extremely reliable. Good luck and enjoy, I am sure it will serve you well.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 07:42:59 AM »
Acejavelin,

I don't think your statement is correct on how the MiVO-250 handles incoming DID digits. It has been a minute since I worked on one, but the last time I remember working with incoming DIDs the Call Routing Table had to be setup to match the incoming digits or the call didn't work; unless the + and E just happened to route to where you wanted it to go.

I don't think collected digits works either in this case since you can't have a 10-digit extension in the system.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 11:54:34 AM »
Acejavelin,

I don't think your statement is correct on how the MiVO-250 handles incoming DID digits. It has been a minute since I worked on one, but the last time I remember working with incoming DIDs the Call Routing Table had to be setup to match the incoming digits or the call didn't work; unless the + and E just happened to route to where you wanted it to go.

I don't think collected digits works either in this case since you can't have a 10-digit extension in the system.

Thanks,

TE
I could be wrong... But I am 80% sure it works that way. I was 99% sure until you posted this.  :)

EDIT: I just tested this... I had a CRT entry of 10 digits, with no + or E in the list, and changed it to just the last 4 digits. The call rang to the correct location as expected. So I am back to 99% sure now.  ;D

Don't go by this, I was 100% wrong and my "testing" was flawed... Must have been a coffee deficient day.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 06:57:15 AM by acejavelin »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 12:07:13 PM »
acejavelin,

Can you send me a copy of that DB or screenshots of how you have that setup?

Thanks,

TE

P.S. My brain is going crazy now; did I forget that much!!!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2019, 05:02:49 PM »
acejavelin,

Can you send me a copy of that DB or screenshots of how you have that setup?

Thanks,

TE

P.S. My brain is going crazy now; did I forget that much!!!
Aww, snap... I was wrong, totally wrong.

I just retested it and realized the DID I was changing was actually pointing to the default attendant. I just tried again and pointed it to a different extension and it didn't work as I thought it would.

Totally disregard anything I said about that previously... I think I am getting my systems messed up.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 05:08:54 PM by acejavelin »

Offline Willtech

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 11:27:42 PM »
I cutover the system this evening. Everything went well but the call quality especially on IP sets isn’t as good as I would have thought.  I have cutover several on other vendors PRI but AT&T isn’t as good quality

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2019, 07:08:19 AM »
The call quality on my AT&T SIP circuits is excellent. The issue is probably due to the conversion from VoIP to TDM back to VoIP.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2019, 10:56:55 AM »
The call quality on my AT&T SIP circuits is excellent. The issue is probably due to the conversion from VoIP to TDM back to VoIP.
Hmm... We literally do this all the time... VoIP into an Adtran Total Access unit which converts it to PRI, then into a Mitel (MiVO 250 and MiVB systems, among others) and deliver VoIP to the sets with no noticeable degradation of call quality.

I have seen a couple SIP vendors deliver the trunks as G.729 rather than G.711, which could cause a decrease in call quality but it would seem odd for AT&T to do it.

Do you have any digital or analog sets? The quality should not really vary, if the audio is poor on an IP set it should be poor on an analog or digital set as well.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10