Author Topic: Feature code same as extension - how to disable feature code on system  (Read 897 times)

Offline benjamin0402

• View Profile
Feature code 330 for CO Hookflash is the same as extension 3304 so when a user tries to call 3304 the phone says cannot access feature.  I don't want to enable the feature I want to turn it off so it allows users to call the extension 3304

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hi Ben,

It'll help us if you tell us the system you are using. Mitel sells a lot of different setups.

-lee

Offline benjamin0402

• View Profile
The Mitel System Administration & Diagnostics 64 bit version 6.0.11.95 SP 2 with a CS Controller (v6.0 SP2)

5000 CP
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 09:29:38 AM by benjamin0402 »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
You must have a feature access code assigned... Just go into the Feature Access Codes for that feature and change it to something you are not using...

My real issue here is the numbering scheme... Are all your extensions 3XXX? If so, most techs at the time of install will renumber the FAC's accordingly as the default scheme in the 5000 is 1XXX numbers are extensions, 2XXX are hunt groups, CRA's, and other system stuff, 3XX are feature codes, and 4-9 are for system features.

It is odd it would let you make an ext 3304 if 330 is a feature access code, the 5000 does not allow for conflicting digit plans.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
benjamin0402,

My guess is that your database is corrupted since it shouldn't have allowed you to create an extension that started with 330 to begin with.

What you can try to do is go into System > Devices and Feature Codes > Feature Codes: Change every feature code that starts with 3 to start with 90 instead. For example 330 is changed to 90330. This should resolve your immediate issue, but to really fix your problem you will need a certified technician to look at your system to see how far the corruption goes.

They will most likely perform a database save and then restore the database after running the database verification tool on it; this will reboot your system.

Thanks,

TE

Offline benjamin0402

• View Profile
Thanks that resolved my issue I will have someone look at the DB

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10