Author Topic: Problem with extension "number in use"  (Read 3632 times)

Offline lpaz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Problem with extension "number in use"
« on: June 13, 2019, 12:06:19 PM »
We are using a vMCD and also have local Mitel 3300 controllers at each of our sites.  We had a hard drive issue at one of the sites so we replaced the drive and restored it from a backup. While the hard drive issue was present however, we had a user who stated he could not receive calls on his extension, calls were going straight to voicemail and the extension was not ringing.

I reset the phone and it came up with a different extension number. After restoring the local controller, I am trying to configure the handset back to the original extension it was using previously. When I do a search for the extension number in User and Services configuration, it returns "no records found"

If I try to add the extension by role and enter the extension number in the Services tab, I get a message that number is already in use.

I tried running the GDM CHECK USERANDSERVICE and GDM REPAIR USERANDSERVICE on both the vMCD and the local controller, but it comes back with 0 items needing repair.

Would appreciate some advice on how to resolve this "number in use" in order to put the phone back on the proper extension?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with extension "number in use"
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 07:02:10 PM »
Did you do a locate number command and if so what is the result

Offline lpaz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 01:18:58 PM »
I ran the LOCATE NUMBER command and it returns this:

The number refers to a Non Prime Broadcast Group.

I'm not certain what this group is. I looked in the Group Programming section and did not find the extension number in any of them. When I search the groups, it returns "GoTo Not Found."

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 02:17:42 PM »
Could be an appearance on another line. I find mine in Users and Devices > Advanced Configuration > Multiline Appearance Groups and you can search on Group Directory Number to find the number you're looking for and what Directory Number(s) it appears on.

Offline lpaz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 11:47:03 AM »
I did find a reference where you stated, in the Multilinie Appearance Groups.
It says Member 1, Prime Directory Number 12, Key number 21, and Ring type, Ring, but all I see at the top are buttons that say Change, Change Page and Change All, so I'm not seeing a way to delete this.

Do I need to change it from "Single Line" to "unassigned" ?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 07:09:03 PM »
You need to know the extension it appears on. This form tells you where it is. You can either use multiline set key assignment or users and services to find and remove or change to unassigned as needed

Offline lpaz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 09:35:21 AM »
Ok, Thanks. I changed it to unassigned and I was able to reassign the extension.
Thanks to all who replied for the assistance on this.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10