Author Topic: Additional attendants  (Read 1064 times)

Offline kelboymac

• View Profile
Additional attendants
« on: June 12, 2019, 05:19:39 PM »
Hi, I'll start out by saying I'm not a phone or mitel guy.  I'll probably ask a lot of dumb questions and say stupid stuff.

I work in an office with a satellite office.  One of the extensions in that office serves as the "front desk phone" for that satellite office.
The office manager would like for the satellite office front desk phone to act as an attendant so that when a client calls in and is transferred to voicemail, they have the option to press 0 to get back to the front desk phone instead of leaving a voicemail.

Right now if the client presses 0 to get back to the front desk, they are transferred to the front desk at our main office.

I set the attendant flag on the satellite office front desk phone, and then moved one of the extensions to be services by that phone to that phones attendants list in "Phone related information". 

Except it doesn't work.  When the caller presses 0, they are still transferred to the front desk at the main office.  What am I dong wrong?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Additional attendants
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 05:53:42 PM »
kelboymac,

The problem you are running into is that the shotgun approach doesn't ever work; not really.

What you need to do is figure out what they are actually going to and if 0 can be programmed to go where you want; otherwise you will need to reconfigure how it works to get it to where you want.

Go to the users System Forwarding and see which path number it is going to. Then go to Phone-Related Information and System Forwarding Paths and look up that number to see what it is going to. If it is the Voice Processor Application Voice Mail then it goes to the users Mailbox if it a Call Routing Announcement then you will need to do some programming. If it is the Auto Attendant Recall application then you will need to change how that user goes to Voice Mail.

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 11:15:56 AM »
Mailbox zero destination is unrelated to any attendant programming - it is defined in the voice mail. There are two ways to accomplish this.

For a global setting, assign the Dial Zero destination on the voice processor main screen. By default, mailboxes will use this as the Operator destination.

The Dial Zero destination can also be defined in the individual mailbox. The attribute can be copied and pasted to a group of mailboxes as well.

Offline kelboymac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 06:24:11 PM »
I can see in the individual mailboxes where there is an option to change "Dial-0 Destination Type".  There is an option to set it as "extension" but I don't see where to define that extension for the individual mailbox.

I see the "Dial-0 Destination Type" under Voice Processor but it appears to be the global setting.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 07:46:59 AM »
kelboymac,

Well, it is pretty straight forward once you change the Dial-0 Destination Type in the individuals mailbox then just put an entry in the Dial-0 Destination to the right of it.

see picture.

Thanks,

TE

Offline kelboymac

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 12:39:15 PM »
Thanks TE.  I should have seen that.  This looks like what I need.  I will test it out on Monday.

Thank you for you help!

kelboymac

Offline kelboymac

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 01:33:37 PM »
Tested it out on 1 extension and it's working as expected.  Thanks again TE!  I appreciate your help.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10