Author Topic: block outgoing access  (Read 1425 times)

Offline RLyon

• View Profile
block outgoing access
« on: June 03, 2019, 12:31:42 PM »
Is there a feature code or a flag to disable external calls. They want this phone for internal only. I can remove the outgoing trunk in associated extensions, but they want this control just in case.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: block outgoing access
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 12:49:40 PM »
RLyon,

The feature code for Outgoing is, by default 8, and the feature code for ARS is, by default 92000. You would still need something in the Outgoing Extension of the phone as there is nothing a user can do to put something in there.

What most technicians do is set the Outgoing Extension to ARS, default 92000, and then set the Class of Service on the phone to ARS Only. Then they would setup the Account Code Type to be Forced All Calls.

You would have to create an account code for them to use for this, but that is pretty simple.

Thanks,

TE

Offline artieouellette

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 06:54:40 AM »
Are you familiar with ARS programming? Give the extension a COR of say 5 then go to Cor group 5 to keep it simple then apply that cor group to all of your routes. This will allow people to call internally but not access and out going trunks. Just make sure the cor number you give the extension is unique from all of the other extensions that need outbound calling access

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 07:33:28 AM »
artieouellette,

This is a MiVO-250 not a MiVB-3300 there are not CoR or CoRG in a MiVO-250.

The MiVO-250 calls this function Toll Restriction and you can do something similar with that by creating a new Deny Toll Restriction that Denies any call types and apply that to a phone, but it will not stop 911 calls. The problem is that with that you can't allow the user to make calls out when they want to since the phone is restricted from making any calls out; hence account codes.

Thanks,

TE

Offline artieouellette

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 09:05:46 AM »
My mistake sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10