Author Topic: Is anyone using Voyant SIP trunks with the 250?  (Read 1520 times)

Offline tlmagnus

• View Profile
Is anyone using Voyant SIP trunks with the 250?
« on: May 29, 2019, 01:17:17 PM »
I have a customer who decided to go with a new line provider.  They are resold Voyant SIP trunks - Voyant is not Mitel certified, so no handy interop guides to help out.  Voyant wants the to/from fields when registering to be accountname@corpglobal.net, but they want to register to reg-gw.sip.global.  If I put the corpglobal.net into the FQDN registrar field, it does not register because Voyant does not have anything listening on that address.  Mitel tells me that it is not possible to register with a different name than we put in the FQDN field, but Voyant insists that it is possible.  They say that they have others doing it, possibly with a MBG.  Anybody else got this working?

Thanks!

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone using Voyant SIP trunks with the 250?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 02:12:29 PM »
You might ask the provider to put you in contact with others that have got this working?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 02:25:55 PM »
tlmagnus,

You will need to use the SIP Adaption portion of the MBG to make that happen; unfortunately you will need to write your own script.

I had a similar issue with Century Link IQ where they wanted voip.centurylink.com only on the P-Asserted-Identity and no where else or you got a 404 Not Found error and it would never Register. For that I wrote a script to just look for P-Asserted-Identity in the INVITE Method and change it from using the IP Address in the host portion to using voip.centurylink.com.

Thanks,

TE

Offline tlmagnus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 02:51:39 PM »
Thanks TechElectronics - would you happen to have an example of the script you wrote for this?  It's nice to have a starting point...

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 07:20:40 PM »
tlmagnus,

At this point in time Ralph doesn't want anyone to post SIP Adaption script files on the site so I can't do that, but what I can do is point you in the right direction.

In the main configuration page set your Fully Qualified Domain Name to corpglobal.net and leave the IP Address at 255.255.255.255 or it won't work.

In your Registrar set your Registrar FQDN to reg-gw.sip.global and leave the Registrar IP Address at 255.255.255.255 or it won't work.

If that doesn't work then capture the Registration packet and post it on the forum; omit anything that you don't want others to see. I will explain how to create the SIP Adaption file once I see your Registration packet; that way I know what you need to change and how it needs to be changed for this to work.

Thanks,

TE

Offline tlmagnus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 11:01:12 AM »
Hi TE,
I'd have to edit quite a bit of info to post the actual capture, so I'll just copy and paste the relevant info here.  I do have the settings in the main config page and registrar page entered how you suggested, and that does not currently work for the provider.

We are currently outputting the following:
Request URI: sip:reg-gw.sip.global:5060
To: <sip:xxxxxxxxxx@reg-gw.sip.global:5060>

The provider told us that everything else is correct, they just want to see the "corpglobal.net" replacing the "reg-gw.sip.global on the URI, To, and From fields.
I'm guessing this should be a pretty easy replacement script at this point, but I'm still waiting to see if the customer wants to pay for the additional hardware/licensing required for this.
Thanks!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 03:30:46 PM »
Next you will see some configuration section(s) with instructions on how to use the entries. The entries themselves are local string values that will be used later on in the script.

The 3 most typical ones are:
Message Direction - Determines whether it is ICP Side or Set Side; default will apply to both sides
Message Type - Determines whether it is a SIP Request or Response; default will apply to both types
Method Name - Determines what Method this applies to INVITE, ACK, REGISTRATION, UPDATE, etc... default will apply to all Methods.

The next portion of a typical script will create functions that utilize the entries for Message Direction, Message Type, and Method Name so you don't need to change them at all.

After that you can and will see 'other' functions, but there will be a line that states the following, "-- real work down here..." followed by the function runMain. Below that is where the real logic of what you want to change is made and therefore where you really need to check in order to figure out how to change what you want.

So to make the script I created for Century Link I referenced the following example scripts.
-replaceParemeterInHeader.lua
-addParameterInHeader.lua
-txPassThroughHostInToHeader.lua

In the replace and add Parameter In Header scripts I reused the first configuration section that doesn't normally show up in the other example scripts. This provided me a script that is easily adjustable to change the Host portion of any Header within any Method; very flexible.

Header Name - This is the Header name that you will want to change. For me it was P-Asserted-Identity
Parameter Name - This is the paramaters name that you want to change within the Header. For me it as PAI Host
Parameter Value - This is the parameter value that you want to change the existing to. For me it was voip.centurylink.com

I kept the programming for Message Direction, Message Type, and Method Name as that just makes it easier to configure the script for what I want in the future.

Obviously you want to keep the following functions within as well.

checkDirection
checkMsgType
checkMethod

So, I then went to the Transmit Passthrough Host in the To Header script and reused some of the logic there. Since I didn't care if it was a Paired Message or not I didn't reuse that part, but the remainder of the function I did since I was looking to replace the host portion of the P-Asserted-Identity. I made a few changes to how it is written to utilize the 3 configuration parameters [HeaderName, Parameter Name, and Parameter Value] that I got from the other script, but other than that the logic is the same.

Here is all the changes I made to that logic.

if string.len(cfg_parameterValue) > 0 then

if msg:existsHeader( cfg_headerName ) ~= true then

msg:log( "runMain: error, "..cfg_headerName.." not exist in msg" )

headerName = msg:getHeader( cfg_headerName )

oldhost, err = msg:getHostInUriHeader( cfg_headerName )

msg:log( "runMain: msg has no "..cfg_parameterName.." found:"..err )

newhost = string.gsub(headerName, oldhost, cfg_parameterValue)

err = msg:removeHeader( cfg_headerName )

msg:addHeader( cfg_headerName, newhost )

msg:log("runMain: "..cfg_parameterName.." changed from ("..headerName..") to (" .. msg:getHeader( cfg_headerName ) .. ").")

msg:log("runMain: remove "..cfg_parameterName.." failed in msg: "..err)

msg:log("runMain: "..cfg_parameterName.." is null in length.")

In your case you will create two of these same scripts and just change the Header Name on one of them to To and the other to From. Change the Parameter Name on the To to To Host Address and the From to From Host Address. Lastly change the Parameter Value to corpglobal.net to replace the one that the MiVO-250 puts in there.

Now, you could take a completely different route and instead of setting up the MiVO-250 Registrar FQDN as reg-gw.sip.global you could set it to corpglobal.net and then create a single script that just changes the registration method to change the Request URI to reg-gw.sip.global instead.

Thanks,

TE

Offline BlackSunshine

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 04:38:55 PM »
tlmagnus......Were you ever able to get the Voyant SIP Trunks working on Mitel 250?  We are about to order Voyant SIP trunks to test without a MBG on Mitel 250

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10