Author Topic: PSUEDO DISA  (Read 934 times)

Offline HunTelComm

• Contributer
    • View Profile
PSUEDO DISA
« on: May 28, 2019, 11:55:52 AM »
I am trying to set up a pseudo DISA situation between multiple networked sites. The customer is trying to utilize the trunks at all of their outlying locations.  For example: a person in Denver wants to make a call that would be local in Chicago, they want to dial a 4 digit extension to give them access to the Chicago switch and dial the local number.

I have it set up that each location can dial a phantom that is remote forwarded to grab an outside line.  if you dial it from that location, you can get an outside line and dial just fine, but if Denver calls Chicago's 4 digit code, they get a message stating  "ARS" and no second dial tone.

I can set up a DID to dial this phantom and it works fine (defeats the purpose though), but if it trys to go across the network, it does not give the second dial tone to dial locally.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: PSUEDO DISA
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 12:07:58 PM »
HunTelComm,

Try it using one of the built-in analog ports and not a phantom.

Why don't you just use ARS to route the calls to Chicago?

Thanks,

TE

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 01:28:43 PM »
HunTelComm,

Now that I have a minute to write this down; here is what I would do.

I am not sure if you know what a PIC or CIC is, but it is basically how calls used to be routed for LCR [Least Cost Routing] to different carriers. The code always started with a 101 and then a carrier code followed that; i.e. 1010001 = MCI.

So what you could do is reutilize PICs for each site, but all users would have to be setup to use ARS Only to make sure the call went out ARS. Next setup a Route using a PIC let's say 101001 is Chicago, and 101002 is Denver for this example.

In Denver setup a route that looks for 101001+10-digit number and then have that go to a new Facility Group that has Chicago as its first Trunk Group and Denver as its second Trunk Group. When the call goes out then just strip the 101001 from the dialed digits and you are good to go. From the Chicago side you would do the same thing except make Denver the first Trunk Group out in the Facility Group and the local Chicago Trunk Group the second. The problem that would occur is that if you are not using SIP Trunks then when it tries to go out the local trunks you will get a carrier error recording saying that you need to dial a 1 first. This is better than it failing all together if the local trunks are not available.

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 02:49:15 PM »
I would just program ARS based on area code.

Offline HunTelComm

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 08:23:48 AM »
Sorry guys, I forgot to mention this was on a combination of the 3300 and MiVoice 250 Platform.  doing ARS on the 3300 would be no problem, but I have had issues with the 250 not working like I plan.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 09:10:21 AM »
HunTelComm,

So, you are going from a MiVO-250 to an MCD and you can't figure out how to setup the MiVO-250 to route calls to the MCD. I assume that you don't have the two systems networked together with trunking; correct?

The MiVO-250 ARS is not much different than the MCD; its just a different format.

Your Dialed Digits are setup within your Route Groups; called Dial Patterns.
The Route Group also tells it what Routes to take via Facility Groups; much like the Dialed Digits.
The Facility Group is more like the ARS Route List than an ARS Route as you can have multiple Trunk Groups within a Facility Group listed in the order you want them to take.
The Facility Group also has the Digit Manipulation feature built in so you can add or remove digits or patterns you want before sending the call out.

Personally I think the ARS in MiVO-250 is much easier to program than the MCD as each little step isn't unnecessarily broken up.

The major difference between the two is that ARS is looked at for more than just routing calls out trunks in the MCD whereas the ARS is only looked at in the MiVO-250 when someone uses ARS. Therefore you don't need to show the leading digit in your Dial Pattern because it is already known that you are dialing out of the system at that point.

So, at this point you are going to have to explain how you are sending calls back and forth between the two systems.

Thanks,

TE

Offline HunTelComm

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 09:46:07 AM »
Corporate and 2 other sites have MCD.  the corporate MCD is connected to the first 250 via sip trunks.  From there all of the 250's are networked together.  I can definitely set up ARS from the MCD's to hit the main 250. Then set up ARS  at each and every 250 from there?  They have over 30 sites that are networked.  with who knows how many local area codes in each.  This could take quite a few hours of programming to accomplish and keep updated.  WOW!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2019, 10:43:10 AM »
HunTelComm,

Yes that is a lot of work which is why we try to stay away from that unless it is T&M.

To keep it similar to what you wanted then you can setup the PIC/CIC codes which makes the system a little more complicated, but slightly easier to manage.

Once you set up your Toll String Q for each site then it is a matter of just stripping out the Q before sending it on to the correct Trunks/Nodes.

This way you don't have to keep up with new Area Codes, but users will have to know the Area Codes in order to use the correct PIC/CIC to route the call to the correct Node.

Of course I have never done this with a 3300 in the mix so that may add a wrinkle or two.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10