Author Topic: Going round in circles with MiCollab client - please help!  (Read 10674 times)

Offline beckyboo123

• View Profile
Hi all,
I am at the end of my tether attempting to get the MiCollab client 8.1.49 up and running on my PC. I have deployed it to myself and followed setup instruction but it simply refuses to complete the setup as for one reason or another, it says it cannot connect to the server. Each time the reason differs.

Currently its reporting "Error Code: 21 - Cannot reach the MiCollab Client Deployment server. Please contact your administrator". I have worked my way through all of Mitel's suggestions to fix it and nothing works.

The client cannot reach the MiCollab Client Deployment on the MiCollab Server. Possible root causes are:
There is an firewall issue between the client and MBG
The MBG does not pass the requests to the MiCollab Server. Make sure that the remote proxy services allow access to the "Deployment Unit" from the MBG
The wrong "Config download host" is configured on the MiCollab Client Deployment -> Deployment Profiles. It must be the hostname of the MiCollab Server
Use the MiCollab Client Deployment -> Diagnostics tab on the MiCollab Server / Client Deployment Service to troubleshoot this more in detail
If the deployment works on the mobile network but not on the corporate WiFi,internal firewall rules of the network must be checked
For split DNS setup: Check if the name of your MiCollab Server resolves internally to the MiCollab Server and externally to the Public MBG-IP
The depoyment connection can be tested using your webbrowser. Use https://mas.yourmashostname.com/mdpapi/v1/getconfigforuser/test and you should get the message: "error": "configtoken not found"
  :-[

So we have three servers as follows:

MiCollab Server (FQDN hgmicollab.mycompany.local) 10.11.4.211
MiV01 - 10.11.4.249
MiV02 - 10.11.7.249.

My deployment settings are attached for your viewing. I feel like I'm missing something really obvious. Can anyone help me?

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Going round in circles with MiCollab client - please help!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 09:49:59 AM »
I believe Mitel calls this their next-gen client and thus MiCollab needs SSL certs to work. You can give the legacy client a try to confirm that.

http://micollabfqdnorIPhere/ucs/dl/UnifiedCommunicatorAdvanced.msi

Offline beckyboo123

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 09:56:21 AM »
Hi thanks, we have the SSL certs installed and they are trusted.
I can run version 7.3 just fine but there are other issues with that version...SIP password is never accepted.

I have ran a packet tracer and I see that using version 8.1.49 its trying to reach 85.214.114.203 (mcdepl01.easydeploy.net) as our server.
Do you know where I can change this setting?

Thanks for your input :)

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 11:00:46 AM »
Hi Becky,

Your server needs to reach that address, you can not change it.

The clients are deployed from that server as it manages push notifacations for mobile clients etc.

You could try browsing to: http://micollabfqdn/ucs/micollab & logging in.
Once in under settings there is self deployment and you can click on the QR code to log into the client.
This may bypass the need for the deployment emails.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 11:03:51 AM by Magpye »

Offline beckyboo123

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 11:13:50 AM »
Hi Magpye,

That was a good idea and I thought it was going to work for a moment. I can login to http://micollabfqdn/ucs/micollab is instructed.
I click on the QR code for self deployment which launches my client but I still get "Error Code: 21 - Cannot reach the MiCollab Client Deployment server. Please contact your administrator".

I know 100% this is not a local firewall issue as another of our users is using version 7.3. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks.

Offline beckyboo123

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 11:50:11 AM »
Okay something weird just happened. I just re-deployed today for what was probably the millionth time, I haven't changed anything and its let me log in.
The new obstacle I have is registering the softphone. I just turned on the softphone feature and after a while of trying to register it just displays "Registration Failed" but the softphone remains turned on.

Offline ricvil

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2019, 09:02:40 PM »
If you are using the embedded MBG on the MiCollab server, it is very easy to see if you have a problem between the MBG and the MCD.  Just do a packet capture under the Administration-Diagnostics link.  SIP signaling between the MBG and the MCD will not be encrypted so you should be able to clearly see why the Registration failed.  If you don't even see a Registration attempt, your client is not able to reach the MBG.

Also, watch out for lockout periods on the MCD.  If you make a mistake on the SIP password, you will be locked out for 15 minutes.  A log will be generated on the MCD which will clearly tell you this.  I have wasted too much time in the past with this not realizing I had a wrong password and no matter how many times I reset it, the account stayed locked until the timer expired.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 09:05:12 PM by ricvil »

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2019, 03:00:09 PM »
Just a heads up to anyone having issue with reaching the deployment server. There is an additional server involved with deployment. This is an externally hosted site and the Micollab app/plugin cannot handle the proxy.

Open a web browser and head over to https://mcdiagnostics.easydeploy.net/

If all is well then you will get an  "okay: reachable" response. We had a proxy issue here and had to add a bypass rule for that site. Once we added the bypass, deployment has worked flawlessly.

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2019, 02:24:25 AM »
Okay something weird just happened. I just re-deployed today for what was probably the millionth time, I haven't changed anything and its let me log in.
The new obstacle I have is registering the softphone. I just turned on the softphone feature and after a while of trying to register it just displays "Registration Failed" but the softphone remains turned on.

On your deployment profile, change the MBG SIP host from MBG FQDN to other and specify your WAN IP address of the MBG.  Simply dropping the box to MBG WAN address did not work and realised I had to manually put in the WAN IP address.

Offline Ronan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 08:17:39 AM »
I have a similar problem. Error 21 gives 7 possible reasons for the failure...

Micollab is going to be used only on the LAN of the company (Micollab for Microsoft), no mobile, no connection from outside.

Do I still need a public IP address ? I really wanted to avoid this.

Micollab does manage to connect to the deployment server after I had the network team change the firewall parameters.

The public part of the diagnostic test doesn't work, but that's expected.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2019, 08:16:23 PM »
How do you deploy the MiCollab Client properly to the corporate desktops?
We haven't figured out how to do it - it seems to want to spam out an email to every single user for the software to work. Our customers just want to package it same as all their other apps, and for it to be up and running when the user logs in.
We can package is OK, however it tells the user it needs activation - none of our corprate clients want their users to be "activating" anything, they need to be logged into a desktop which has all working software, same as all their other apps.

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2019, 01:49:05 PM »
I’ve been trying to do that for almost 1 year now. We tried packaging the app with a default password, but it just won’t work. Mitel screwed up with this one when it comes to the enterprise. I’ve given up and am now working on Skype integration with and without a Ribbon SBC. So far, I’ve made more progress in a shorter time and the integration is clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2019, 07:59:39 PM »
Unfortunately, most of our customers prefer having rubbish Skype because it actually works the way the IT department expects software to work. They know MiCollab is better but they can't deploy it.

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2019, 08:26:20 PM »
MiCollab and Skype do not play well together. Guess it’s because they are competing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10