Author Topic: ACD Routing to another ACD path/Group?  (Read 1703 times)

Offline Dalrend

• View Profile
ACD Routing to another ACD path/Group?
« on: May 21, 2019, 02:41:10 PM »
Hello All,

forgive my ignorance as i was searching for this but couldn't find anything pertaining to such a topic within these forums. i've tried other resources but have found nothing on how this may work.

what im facing is:

two ACD groups, group one receives the call, but no one is logged into that ACD group, so therefore it needs to roll to another ACD queue via a path i would assume inside of the phone system. i've tried doing this via call-rerouting and i've also tried to do this via ACD overflow agent Skill groups. at first i thought it was a timing as the queue times were obnoxiously high. that didn't work when i dropped the timers down to about 15 seconds. these ACD paths are pathed to ACD agent Skill groups.

I guess my question is, if i want to route any calls that don't get answered from one ACD group to another ACD group, how would i go about doing that? the phone system in question is a Mitel 3300 ICP system, however it is on an older version...5.1 i think? (don't quote me)

if there is other information that might need to be here that could be relevant to the question, ask away! i'm not exactly sure what information everyone needs to be able to toss this question around.

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ACD Routing to another ACD path/Group?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 02:49:44 PM »
I've got no idea how programming has changed since the 5.1 you think your system is but you've got interflow, overflow and path unavailable options. If no one is logged in I'd start with Path Unavailable as the overflow/interflows are more for rerouting after it's been queued for some period of time as opposed to an immediate reroute on a path unavailable.

Offline Dalrend

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 08:30:34 AM »
My next question:

does the interflow timer need to be greater or less than the queue timer for the first ACD path or does this timer not play any role in determining how the calls move from the queue to the interflow?

Offline artieouellette

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 10:53:28 AM »
If no one is logged into a path and you aren’t using agent group over flow the path will follow the path unavailable destination. Do you use skills based routing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline GmanMitel2013

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 05:44:46 PM »
i am wondering the same thing. i have 2 ACD call paths going to a a skill group 1, then over flow to a second group then a 3rd group....but its not working the second group people are still getting calls first in the order of being idle on contact center client.

Offline artieouellette

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 05:53:28 PM »
Why not have an agent group for each path assign all agents to all groups with the correct skill level for the order you want them to answer instead of overflowing all over the place? The only thing overflow allows you to do is add a timer.

Offline GmanMitel2013

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2019, 10:12:07 AM »
i thought that also but the manager wants to be able to run a report and see how many calls each group took. in the report it shows if you run by agent i think group1, 2, 3 ect....its working now though thanks.

Offline artieouellette

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2019, 10:55:40 AM »
I have similar issues with my call center managers, change is hard for most.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10