Author Topic: SIP Peer Profile - Century Link - P-Asserted-Identity Host Change Issuet  (Read 2138 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Guys,

Alright, I am having a time with this issue and I can't seem to figure out how to make this happen.

We have an ITSP: Century Link that is requiring that the host portion of the P-Asserted-Identity be set as an FQDN: voip.centurylink.com for INVITEs instead of the IP Address of the MCD or MBG.

The first thing I thought was to setup the Alternate FQDN under the Call Routing tab, but that sends out the REGISTRATION request with the FQDN: voip.centurylink.com and they don't like that; they send back a 404 response.

The other unfortunate problem is that voip.centurylink.com is not a valid DNS entry that we can work with so I had to setup a secondary domain on the MBG and then set that to one of the public IPs for Century Link just to do the test, but that leaves out the second public IP that is used for failover.

Has anyone ever run in to this situation before?

Thanks,

TE

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Under your Network Elements entry - what do you have for SIP Registrar FQDN or IP Address?

EDIT - CenturyLink is on the Mitel InterOp list and is current to 9.0 so in theory you could torture yourself and contact support and they'd be somewhat obligated to assist. Let me know if you have trouble finding the guides and I'll direct you to them.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 01:02:46 PM by NEPhoneGuy »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
NEPhoneGuy,

Well I found the latest guide, but they were using SIP Adaption. Unfortunately those SIP Adaptions don't exist in the MBG so I had to create it myself.

I already had Mitel trying to figure the problem out with no luck so I came to the community for help. With that said I finally have a solution to the problem and it is resolved for now.

If you need the SIP Adaption files you can call Tech Support and get them or create your own from the examples. In my opinion it is best to just get them from Mitel unless you know the Lua Scripting language; which I didn't.

It might be a good idea to start posting SIP Adaption files to the site, but I want to make sure it is ok before I do that since technically the examples belong to Mitel.

Thanks,

TE

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What did the solution end up being? MBG adjustments with the assistance of Mitel or?

NEPhoneGuy,

Well I found the latest guide, but they were using SIP Adaption. Unfortunately those SIP Adaptions don't exist in the MBG so I had to create it myself.

I already had Mitel trying to figure the problem out with no luck so I came to the community for help. With that said I finally have a solution to the problem and it is resolved for now.

If you need the SIP Adaption files you can call Tech Support and get them or create your own from the examples. In my opinion it is best to just get them from Mitel unless you know the Lua Scripting language; which I didn't.

It might be a good idea to start posting SIP Adaption files to the site, but I want to make sure it is ok before I do that since technically the examples belong to Mitel.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
NEPhoneGuy,

With a SIP Adaption script in the Tx side of the SIP Trunk programming in the MBG to look for the P-Asserted-Identity header and then extract the old host from it and put in the new host so it showed as voip.centurylink.com.

For example: P-Asserted-Identity: "Persona" <sip:1234567890@8.8.8.8> will get changed to

P-Asserted-Identity: "Persona" <sip:1234567890@changedhere.now>

Mitel has them for From, To, and PAI, but I created my own first and then I went back after looking at theirs and rewrote mine using some of their coding ideas. Now I have a Lua Script that I can adjust 3 parameters on at the top of the script and it will change the host portion of any header that has a host portion; it can also be set to go on the Rx side of both directions with the next 3 parameter changes.

I talked to Ralph about it and we are not going to host Lua Script files on the website so you will just need to get the files from Mitel if you have a similar issue. Honestly after reading the API and looking at the examples it is pretty simple to write your own.

Thanks,

TE

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanks for the details. I looked at a few of the Mitel provided ones and they looked to be commented out pretty well.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10