Author Topic: Call drops after 3.5 rings on a blind transfer to cell phone  (Read 1037 times)

Offline SARTECH87

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hello everyone,

I have a funny condition that started not long ago where for some unknown reasons, the Nupoint ports after transferring call to a cell phone, the call drops after 3.5 rings.

Here is the set-up. We have a huge network ( international and local )and is configured with Mitel Gateways, VM MCD's and stand-alone VMAS. We have 1 Gateway for incoming calls, 1 x gateway for outgoing calls. Calls are coming in via MCD Gateway on a T1 (PRI), the DID number is configured to call reroute to Voicemail, Voicemail ports are located to another gateway. Our network is set with Voicemail Release 6 and MCD 7.2 SP1 PR1. We are in the process of upgrading to Release 8 on the Voicemail and release 8 to our MCDs. We will proceed to release 9 on MCD after.

This portion of incoming call to voicemail works fine. That number is configured to a Call flow for On call technician, during day time it rings to a specific key on 5 phones to be picked up, after hours, there is a blind transfer to an external cell phone, call goes out to cell phone to a different MCD gateway but after 3.5 rings, the call drops.

We monitor the call going to voice mail, we can stat the port going busy, once the blind transfer is made, the port goes idle but on the IP Phone display it shows: Call Held by " port number ", then it drops.

We monitored what happens if we changed the blind transfer from cell phone to an internal number if we had the same condition. Nope, the internal phone rings and does not drop.

We check all timers, COS for Nupoint ports ( they are making the blind transfer ), we think there is a recall somewhere but we can not figure out why.

Any of you guys ever experienced this???

Thanks for any help.

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
Re: Call drops after 3.5 rings on a blind transfer to cell phone
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 04:17:45 AM »
In the MCD class of service for the Nupoint ports, Trunks or X-NET between controllers is 'Two B-Channel Transfer Allowed' enabled?
If not i suspect that the call is establishing, the port is dropping out but the call is not allowed to continue if it leaves 2 trunks connected with no device.

Offline SARTECH87

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Call drops after 3.5 rings on a blind transfer to cell phone
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 05:33:18 PM »
Hello,

unsure but i will check as i am returning back to work tomorrow. I was not sure about this option. Thanks, first thing to do tomorrow morning

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10