Author Topic: Audio conferencing  (Read 1826 times)

Offline Microfiche

• View Profile
Audio conferencing
« on: May 15, 2019, 05:13:33 PM »
We have had the Mitel Application Server in place for a long time, but have never used the conferencing capabilities.
We recently updated, running version 8.1.1.101-1 of Audio, Web and Video Conferencing
We don't have any instructions or anything - so this may be a dumb question but are there limits on how many calls can come in?
We got it working, and had 2 internal callers and 1 external caller connected, but after that, no more external callers could connect.
They said that the line just rang and rang and never picked up, three other callers were attempting to call in.
I would appreciate any insights or something pointing me in the right direction.
From what I can see, we have a license for 10 ports, and I don't see any system alerts...

Offline Ericlaracuente

• View Profile
Re: Audio conferencing
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 05:47:12 PM »
Hi,

In the AWV console can you confirm your port licensing, and extension list range? Can can find this under the Licensing and SIP Server Configuration forms under Configuration section.

Thanks!

Offline Microfiche

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 06:30:27 PM »
Thanks @Ericlaracuente screen caps attached

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 07:07:10 PM »
So you need to check the MCD and either create or see if already created additional generic sip extensions like what is already set up looks like 3. These cosume full licenses and they might have been assigned elsewhere if you weren't using it. Once done add them to the conference hunt group and change the sip extension range in AWC

Offline Ericlaracuente

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 07:19:46 PM »
Thanks @Ericlaracuente screen caps attached

Agreed I with @johnp. In your second picture you can clearly see the problem with only having 3 extensions for the AWV. Once you create more you'll be able to add more participants to your meeting. Now be aware, you only have 10 max audio porta, so if you or your internal customers are looking to host more than 10 participants, you might need to purchase additional AWV and maybe generic sip ports, depends on your licensing.

Offline Microfiche

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 08:43:55 PM »
Thanks so much - I will take a look at these issue tomorrow.
Disappointed that this was not outlined and set up properly when I paid for someone to come out and set up. >:(
There was no mention of the 3 phone limit, I was told we were good to go.

Offline Microfiche

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 02:46:07 PM »
So you need to check the MCD and either create or see if already created additional generic sip extensions like what is already set up looks like 3. These consume full licenses and they might have been assigned elsewhere if you weren't using it. Once done add them to the conference hunt group and change the sip extension range in AWC

So how would I know if adding the generic SIP extensions are going to cause me an issue. I set one up and it didn't seem to give me any grief.
Ideally I would like to be able to have maximum 7 users on a conference, so I would need to add 3 more.
I find the Mitel licensing confusing - so the attached screen caps don't mean much to me (if they are even relevant?)

Again - your help is greatly appreciated!

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 09:17:08 AM »
The 17 of 33 licenses for IP Users is what you are looking for here. I'd go ahead and make your total of 10 so that you can account for all of the licenses your bundles and stuff had provided for.

Offline Microfiche

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2019, 10:59:29 AM »
The 17 of 33 licenses for IP Users is what you are looking for here. I'd go ahead and make your total of 10 so that you can account for all of the licenses your bundles and stuff had provided for.
Perfect - thanks!

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2019, 06:23:33 PM »
Yes the licensing can be strange for sure. Just looking at your pictures, I assume that this was purchased with the base of 16 users and 1 digital link. 10 additional users for AWC included by MiCollab. Purchased 8 standard UCC and additional mailboxes, looks like 10 added and 8 MiCollab. Seeing this, I think it has gone trough some upgrades and the MiCollab and mailbox were added at the same time with 2 additional for any auto attendant, general message box kind of thing.

Let me know if I am wrong. Where you are at and if everthing was set up, you could move the user licenses above the 16 to the UCC ULM, they would appear in the MiCollab as basic licenses and in MCD as user. The benefit is they can be upgraded to Entry UCC then if needed Standard. The upgrade will add an additional mailbox as well as the additional EHDU for each.

Worked ealier this week on a similar conversion to get mailboxes. also it may or may not get an increase in voicemail ports depending upon how may get converted.

Offline Microfiche

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2019, 08:07:04 AM »
Yes the licensing can be strange for sure. Just looking at your pictures, I assume that this was purchased with the base of 16 users and 1 digital link. 10 additional users for AWC included by MiCollab. Purchased 8 standard UCC and additional mailboxes, looks like 10 added and 8 MiCollab. Seeing this, I think it has gone trough some upgrades and the MiCollab and mailbox were added at the same time with 2 additional for any auto attendant, general message box kind of thing.

Let me know if I am wrong. Where you are at and if everything was set up, you could move the user licenses above the 16 to the UCC ULM, they would appear in the MiCollab as basic licenses and in MCD as user. The benefit is they can be upgraded to Entry UCC then if needed Standard. The upgrade will add an additional mailbox as well as the additional EHDU for each.

Worked earlier this week on a similar conversion to get mailboxes. also it may or may not get an increase in voicemail ports depending upon how may get converted.

As far as I know - and it would have gone through me - we have had no licensing upgrades done since we purchased about 6-7 years ago.
We wanted auto-attendant, MiCollab for the front office, and conferencing.
We had set up teleworkers for the users with cell phones, but (at least at the time) the app sucked the batteries down so everyone stopped using it.
Now I was thinking I could maybe use those to put some phones into our branch offices as hot lines to the head office, but I will have to investigate that option.
We have upgraded the 3300 and MAS software, but I have never discussed any license upgrades.
I find it difficult getting information on the system and its capabilities as we don't really have a technical sales contact, end up hiring a tech for a service call and trying to get info that way.
It gets expensive though!
So these changes you outlined - I should hire a tech to come in and set them up?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10