Author Topic: Guest Room phone rings upon checkout  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Curtin_BPW

• View Profile
Guest Room phone rings upon checkout
« on: May 15, 2019, 10:10:09 AM »
Is there a way to prevent the ringing on a guest room phone that occurs when the PMS send a message to the phone system to check out a room on the SX-200?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Guest Room phone rings upon checkout
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 04:34:05 PM »
Is there a way to prevent the ringing on a guest room phone that occurs when the PMS send a message to the phone system to check out a room on the SX-200?
Well... That's a new one. Do you know if this is caused by a checkout message to the voicemail or the PBX itself (they are two different interfaces). All this should be doing is changing the Guest Room status from Occupied to Vacant-Dirty in the PBX, and in the Voicemail it would delete any user settings (greetings, wakeup calls, passwords, etc) and setting mailbox to not be active. None of these things should cause the phone to ring.

Can you duplicate the issue with PMS Emulator?

Offline Curtin_BPW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 09:48:32 AM »
I have a SX-200 on my desk in the office and can duplicate with PMS emulator. When I send the checkout message the analog phone rings once. I found another thread on the internet asking the same question I did, but that forum post had no resolution. I was connected to the phone system, not the VM connection.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 09:45:46 PM »
I have a SX-200 on my desk in the office and can duplicate with PMS emulator. When I send the checkout message the analog phone rings once. I found another thread on the internet asking the same question I did, but that forum post had no resolution. I was connected to the phone system, not the VM connection.
In Form 4, Is Option 2 "Message Waiting Test Enable" disabled? If it's enabled, disable it and retest please.

Offline Curtin_BPW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 06:02:37 PM »
Form 4 Option 2 "Message Lamp Test Enable" is set to disable. Enabling it does the same thing unfortunately. (Opposite of your suggestion but tried anyways)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 12:12:17 PM »
I still think has something to do with Message Waiting... I cannot duplicate it on my demo system.

What type of message waiting indication are the phones using, light or stutter dial tone?

Offline Curtin_BPW

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 03:27:28 PM »
I disabled Option 505 (ONS Stations Support Class) and the phone did not ring when PMS sent the check out message! With that being said I am not sure what functionality they will lose. I believe none but wanted to make sure. The guest room phones are V-Tech CTM-A2411 and I am not familiar with the definition of "Class". I left a voicemail and the MWI light still works.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 05:48:39 PM »
I disabled Option 505 (ONS Stations Support Class) and the phone did not ring when PMS sent the check out message! With that being said I am not sure what functionality they will lose. I believe none but wanted to make sure. The guest room phones are V-Tech CTM-A2411 and I am not familiar with the definition of "Class". I left a voicemail and the MWI light still works.
CLASS is the technical term for Caller ID in this case... If you disable it, I don't think the ONS phones with this COS will receive caller ID.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10