Author Topic: MiCollab Desktop Client 8.0.113 and multiple users of one phone  (Read 1121 times)

Offline OneRingyDingy

• View Profile
Server Version 8.0.0.301 and MiCollab Desktop Client.

My scenario:  a "reception" desk phone that has multiple users as they rotate through a weekly schedule of manning the front desk.  Say, eleven are temporary users who have their own phone/extension assigned to them, and one permanent user.  The extension of the "reception desk" phone is assigned to her.

But - every employee who fills in at that position signs into the computer with their own credentials, and needs access to the desktop client for that phone/extension.

How do I set up multiple users at the same PC, for the same extension?  I believe we initially used the same authentication token for the users when we installed the Mitel system, but 18 months has passed, the users have changed, and unfortunately we did not keep a record of the authentication token for these multiple user scenarios.  (It was our first foray into VOIP phones, and we didn't have a clue then how important that could be in the future.)

Due to the fact that I'm obviously starting over with this setup, what is the best practice for handling this scenario?  Do the authentication tokens expire after time?

Thanks in advance for any assistance or suggestions you can offer.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: MiCollab Desktop Client 8.0.113 and multiple users of one phone
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 10:39:37 PM »
Create "reception desk" as a Ring Group, not a person.
Put "Gladys", "Keith" and "Jeremy" in the Ring Group. Give them each a Group Presence key on their hotdesk logon.
When they sit down at the Reception desk, they log onto the PC, log onto the phone, and activate the Group Presence to start taking Reception calls.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10