Author Topic: Hung Group w/ Spectralink 8440 SIP on DND  (Read 811 times)

Offline saubermfg

• View Profile
Hung Group w/ Spectralink 8440 SIP on DND
« on: May 07, 2019, 04:36:26 PM »
Greetings!

I have put together a hunt group, extension 2001, with the following members in this order:
  • 1280 (Mitel 5360 Desk Phone)
  • 1276 (Mitel 5360 Desk Phone)
  • P0002 (Extension list containing all Mitel 5360 Desk Phones)

I have another hunt group, extension 2002, with the following members in this order:
  • 1273 (Spectralink 8440 Wireless SIP Phone)
  • 1276 (Spectralink 8440 Wireless SIP Phone)
  • 1280 (Mitel 5360 Desk Phone)
  • 1276 (Mitel 5360 Desk Phone)
  • P0002 (Extension list containing all Mitel 5360's)

If 1280 has their DND on, and I dial 2001, the first phone to ring in that Hunt Group is 1276. This is the behavior we want.

If 1273 has their DND on, and I dial 2002, the phone rings for what appears to be the 7 seconds, the amount of time that is shown for the No Answer Advance timer found in HG 2002's Timers folder. I'd rather, if those SIP phones have their DND enabled, ensure that extension is passed over when the hunt group is dialed. I do have the DND feature enabled on those 8440's from a phone configuration level (independent from the Mitel ecosystem), but I'm hoping I simply have a flag wrong, or the Call Routing Table not quite set up right for this.

EDIT: I failed to mention that when I do enable DND on the 1273 extension, and I dial that extension directly, it goes directly to voicemail, which is the desired DND behavior. When it is on DND and is part of a hunt group, it would appear that the No Answer Advance timer is getting hit.

Does anyone have any thoughts here?

Thanks in advance for your ideas and experience!

John
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 05:42:24 PM by saubermfg »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hung Group w/ Spectralink 8440 SIP on DND
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 04:46:44 PM »
saubermfg,

SIP Devices use their own internal DND and not the systems DND so the Hunt Group has no idea the phone is in DND. Basically that feature won't work with the Hunt Group and therefore it will continue to ring the phone.

I believe if you have a Phone Manager and are using the new 69xx series phones that DND will be using the system DND along with its own DND; not positive on that since we don't see those phones.

Thanks,

TE

Offline saubermfg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 05:40:51 PM »
Tech, thanks for your message.

What is interesting about it is something I failed to mention in the original post (now edited). Does that change your analysis here at all?

Thanks,
John

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 08:07:13 PM »
saubermfg,

It doesn't change my analysis at all as this is a case of Direct Ring versus Hunt Group Alerting which is why many people get confused as to why certain features don't work. I will provide a somewhat accurate description of what is going on as going into detail is not really necessary.

A direct ring to the station would follow the System Forward Initiate Timer if the phone wasn't in DND. If the phone is in DND the system knows it is unavailable when it tries to send it the call; due to a SIP Response.

A Hunt Group on the other hand doesn't actually ring the phone directly, but alerts it that there is a call waiting in the Hunt Group to be answered; this is the difference. The system at this point is not ringing the phone, but alerting it and the SIP Response that is delivered is ignored and therefore the phone rings.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10