Author Topic: Error 404 for Clearone Converge Pro2 128V  (Read 1653 times)

Offline metroav

• View Profile
Error 404 for Clearone Converge Pro2 128V
« on: May 07, 2019, 11:51:54 AM »
Hello everyone,

Let me start out by saying that I am an AV integrator and not a phone/IT guy.  I do not have access to the Mitel system or my customer's network.   I am relying on another company to help get a Clearone Converge Pro2 128V setup in a Mitel 3300 system so that it can make phone calls.  Unfortunately the setup has not been successful.   The unit can currently receive calls but it cannot dial out.  We are getting an error code 404 that says "caller contact not registered".   

The customer's phone/IT service provider says that this is a problem with Clearone.  Clearone thinks it is a problem with Mitel.  Apparently we cannot contact Mitel for service since the customer is not on supported software.  The version is 6.0 PR1.  I am hoping though that maybe someone on this forum might have some suggestions as to why the unit will not dial out but can receive calls.

So far this is what we have tried:

- Tried different variations for the dial plan in the Clearone software - no change.

- Changed registration expiration time from 3600 to 300 (sec) in the Clearone software - no change.

-  Setup a soft phone (X-Lite) on a PC and input the same settings as the Clearone - the soft phone was able to dial out. ??? 

- Followed to a tee the Mitel Technical Configuration Notes HO2852  app note that was provided by the IT service provider.  I assume though that everything was followed.....I did not personally setup the Mitel side.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.   Let me know if anyone needs further information or has questions.  Sorry I don't have more details on the Mitel configuration side.

Thanks -  MetroAV

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Error 404 for Clearone Converge Pro2 128V
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 03:46:53 PM »
The fact that you can dial out with X-Lite says the PBX is setup and working properly, as it just emulates a generic SIP phone.

The "404 - Caller Contact Not Registered" lends me to think it's an authentication issue. You can receive calls so the basic setup is correct (authentication is not required for inbound calls), but outbound calls need to send the authentication credentials. My guess is there is a simple tick box or option in your SIP device that is incorrect, and since it works on X-Lite you likely have the correct credentials.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: Error 404 for Clearone Converge Pro2 128V
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 09:04:14 PM »
The relevant config on the Mitel controller would be:
Class of Service #
Use Generic SIP options
SIP Device Capability #
A few things you could try:
replace system-based with device-based in-call features YES
TLS only NO
Enable Mitel proprietary SDP NO
Force sending SDP NO
Allow FQDN NO
Remove Anonymous User NO
Use P-Asserted Identity Header YES
Use user=phone NO

Make sure the Number and SIP password configured against the device on the controller is the same as configured in the device as username/password.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10