Author Topic: Routing to a users voicemail after a ring group  (Read 1262 times)

Offline Harry Roberts

• View Profile
Routing to a users voicemail after a ring group
« on: May 05, 2019, 03:46:18 PM »
Hello,

I'm not certain if this is possible but I am trying to divert a phone call through a ring group as its "First alternative" and then to a specific users voice mail box as the "Second alternative". Again not sure if this is possible.

I have already tried using my systems default second alternate to voice mailbox and using a second separate extension, which of course routes to the mailbox, as the second alternative.

However both of these don't work because the ring group doesn't drop the call to the second alternative. It simply puts the call back to the user and then through the ring group once more.

So my question is, is there a way to have a ring group as a first alternative and have it divert too a specific users voice mailbox?

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: Routing to a users voicemail after a ring group
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 07:55:29 PM »
Not entirely sure I understand your proposed flow.
This is one possible interpretation:
1/ Caller dials extension 1000
2/ 1000 is CFA to Ring Group 2000
3/ 2000 has its Overflow set as a name tag Hunt Group 3000 which goes to Voice Mail
4/ Mailbox 3000 receives the call.

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 04:58:21 AM »
There is another workaround you can try. Let's say your user extension is 1234 and your ring group is 1200.
  • Create a hunt group #1234 [or any other type of element that doesn't consume a license, perhaps a Trusted extension? Never tried it that way]
  • In Call Rerouting, set the always alts on #1234 to go to voicemail number
  • Dial #1234, you should hear that you've hit voicemail immediately and are leaving a message in 1234's mailbox
  • Set the overflow destination on 1200 to #1234. TBH I am not sure whether you're supposed to use Overflow or rerouting to send a ring group call to voicemail, but both seem to work.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 05:57:02 AM »
There is another workaround you can try. Let's say your user extension is 1234 and your ring group is 1200.
  • Create a hunt group #1234 [or any other type of element that doesn't consume a license, perhaps a Trusted extension? Never tried it that way]
  • In Call Rerouting, set the always alts on #1234 to go to voicemail number
  • Dial #1234, you should hear that you've hit voicemail immediately and are leaving a message in 1234's mailbox
  • Set the overflow destination on 1200 to #1234. TBH I am not sure whether you're supposed to use Overflow or rerouting to send a ring group call to voicemail, but both seem to work.

A more detailed look at how Ring Groups process Overflow and 1st/2nd alt is in the help files.
https://edocs.mitel.com/UG/Apps-Solutions/MiCollab%208.0/MiCollab/MiCW%20Help/features_standard/ring_groups.html

Also to elaborate with step 1, make sure your hunt group is created as a 'Name Tag' as that's what will force it into mailbox 1234

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 06:59:39 PM »
I would run it through an ACD path, don't like Nametag operation being sticky

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10