Author Topic: Forward to an external number  (Read 4495 times)

Offline Enobaham

• View Profile
Forward to an external number
« on: May 02, 2019, 04:38:58 PM »
Hello,

For the life of me I can not figure out where to enter the external phone number in Myvoice office 250 so the system knows what phone number to forward to when the call at the desk is not picked up. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Forward to an external number
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 04:48:18 PM »
Enobaham,

That depends on the version of the system and the licensing you have to work with; there is more than one way to skin that cat as they say.

If you have Dynamic Extension Express available then you just need to create a User Account on the system for the extension you want to also ring the cell phone. There are two options of DEE right out of the box and that is ring simultaneously and delayed ring, but you can change it to work however you want regardless of which one you start with.

The other option is to set up System Forwarding to Forward off to a phantom extension that is manually forwarded to the cell phone you want to ring.

Either option requires that you have at least 2 phone lines connected to the system and the second line is idle when to allow the call to go out. You typically wouldn't do this with POTS lines and you should be careful with fractional ISDN trunks; depending on the amount of users that want to use this feature.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Enobaham

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 05:57:53 PM »
It seems that DEE won't work so licensing may be an issue. Tired manually forwarding to a phantom but that wasn't working either. We got an error on the phone when I went through to forward the line. It said "forward to a restricted trunk". So I have been looking into what that means. What ever I do does't seem to make and changes to how the phones behave.
I was looking at class of service as well. Although I am not actually sure how that affects anything. Even with making changes in office 250, nothing changes on the phones.
I even went into the forwarding information folder and adding the external answering services number into the "Forward Outside Number" field. Still nothing. I am sure I am missing a simple step but it's one I can't seem to see.

Offline Enobaham

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 02:13:58 PM »
Update

I’ve created a phantom (1050) that points to the external number. I’ve got it to work where if I dial the phantom (1050)from an internal phone it will forward out to the external number. The issue now is if I call into the main line, it won’t automatically forward me. I do have a forwarding path that says to calls the desk first and then destination 2 is 1050. It does ring on the desk but won’t send over to the phantom. It seems Like it’s not using the forwarding path I’ve put on the extension. Any ideas why?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 04:28:46 PM »
Can't you just go to the phone and enter 355-8-(number as you would dial it)? That would be typical way, assuming default feature access codes and 8 is the outside access code. If it gives an error doing that, make sure you have "Manual forward to public network" flag set to YES on the phone in question. Once you are able to set it with the feature code and the phone says "FWD ALL CALLS TO xxx-xxxx" in the display, try calling the extension internally first and see if it forwards through. If that works, call the station's DID number from an outside phone (like your cell) and report back.

Offline Enobaham

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2019, 04:39:20 PM »
We did that already. Our feature codes are different but this is what I did on the phone:
pressed the (x) button
8852 (Remote programming)
1050#
8851 (forward all calls)
external number
#

I was then able to call 1050 from the phone and it did forward to the outside number. I then tried to call into the main line on my cell but it keeps bringing me back to the AA tree instead of forwarding me to the external number.

The "manual forward to public network" flag is already set to "yes"

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2019, 05:00:54 PM »
What does the "main line" ring to?

Is it a DID or an analog line? 

Offline Enobaham

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2019, 05:09:30 PM »
Analog line.
I have also seen "forward type" in the forward information folder but I have no idea what the difference is between forward type 0 and any other forward type. Was thinking the type might play a part in why it's not forwarding.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 07:05:07 PM by Enobaham »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2019, 08:48:33 PM »
Enobaham,

How many POTS lines do you have connected to the system?

Are they all configured via the same CO Trunk Group?

Does the phone have Outgoing Access on all CO Trunk Groups.

Thanks,

TE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2019, 12:09:52 AM »
I guess my thought if it's an analog line is the destination, it is usually a hunt group... You can't forward hunt group calls.

Offline Enobaham

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2019, 07:31:31 PM »
Finally got it sorted.
This was overly complicated because there are 2 businesses in the office using the same phones. They each needed to forward to the answering service but on 2 different lines. That way the answering service would know how to answer the phone.
I ended up needing 2 hunt groups to point to the phantoms and by using DEE call the answering service...It seems like a bit of hopping around but it works like a charm.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10