Author Topic: NuPoint vm not picking up  (Read 1942 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
NuPoint vm not picking up
« on: May 02, 2019, 02:16:30 PM »
I've got agents stating that when they have a customer on the line they press the soft key transfer/confer on their phone and dial an internal employee's extension (happening to multiple ext. and phones tied to other pbx's in cluster). If that person doesn't answer instead of getting the employees vm it takes them to NuPoints generic message where it asks them to enter a mailbox number. This started a week or so ago and has seem to increase in the frequency.

It happened today with an agent and particular employee and I called into our 800 and tested with all of our queues by having an agent use the transfer key. Each time it rang the normal 4-5 times and we got the employees voicemail. I even tested again by dialing that employee's number from my desk phone and waited until it rang a few times and had the agent try and transfer my cell to the same number in case it was an issue with multiple calls at the same time. Both of us got the correct voicemail.

Using vMCD 8.0 SP3
NuPoint running on MiCollab 7.3

no alarms on NuPoint for today and no logs under messages from 4 am until now.

thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: NuPoint vm not picking up
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 02:38:33 PM »
Did you STATE and LOCATE FEATURE EXTENSION the extensions for the NuPoint VM in the 3300 and make sure one isn't in DND and they show registered? In the Nupoint terminal (ie. command line) you can use the vccs command (use the -h parameter for help or -m for the menu) to check the status of the ports.  You can also stop and start NP without restarting the whole server using "stopnpm" and "startnpm" commands.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Re: NuPoint vm not picking up
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 04:07:12 PM »
Did you STATE and LOCATE FEATURE EXTENSION the extensions for the NuPoint VM in the 3300 and make sure one isn't in DND and they show registered? In the Nupoint terminal (ie. command line) you can use the vccs command (use the -h parameter for help or -m for the menu) to check the status of the ports.  You can also stop and start NP without restarting the whole server using "stopnpm" and "startnpm" commands.

yes, I checked it wasn't in do not disturb by using the locate feature ext. I didn't know about the state command and when I ran it came back with what appears to be normal stuff as far as hot desk info etc. I don't see anywhere where it shows registered?

I will try the command line route and see what happens.

thanks!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10