Author Topic: Play a recording when COR is violated?  (Read 938 times)

Offline VeeDubb65

• View Profile
Play a recording when COR is violated?
« on: May 02, 2019, 01:15:36 PM »
I've been reprogramming all the ARS on our 3300's to clean up a lot of old garbage and do away with dialing 1, and it was suggested that it would be nice if when a call failed because of COR or because someone tried to call a number we don't allow (like 900 numbers) they got a recording that told them why their call wouldn't be completed.

As far as tools to work with, we've got multiple 3300's, the built in voicemail with the default 10 or 20 licenses mostly untouched, and a standalone NuPoint with plenty of Call Director licensing to spare. Anyone have any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Play a recording when COR is violated?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 02:34:54 PM »
You would setup a RAD (most likely) and change the Intercept Handling for Toll Denial to that RAD hunt group, no mailbox license is required. You could also use a phantom extension and mailbox, but that ties up license(s).

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 04:36:11 PM »
FWIW I program both 10 and 11 digit dialing. Sounds bad to eliminate the 1 plus IMHO.

Offline VeeDubb65

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 05:04:20 PM »
FWIW I program both 10 and 11 digit dialing. Sounds bad to eliminate the 1 plus IMHO.

I had a much longer reply until I realize what you were really saying. You are correct. Getting rid of 11-digit dialing would cause as many problems as it fixed.

When I said 'do away with dialing 1' what I really meant was 'expand my ARS programming so that both 10 and 11 digit are accounted for, and both local and long distance calls will go through whether the caller dials a 1 or not.'

Offline VeeDubb65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 06:35:03 PM »
You would setup a RAD (most likely) and change the Intercept Handling for Toll Denial to that RAD hunt group, no mailbox license is required. You could also use a phantom extension and mailbox, but that ties up license(s).

"Intercept Handling for Toll Denial" is what I was missing, or at least part of it. That gives me a way to play a single message for everything that gets stopped because of ARS.

Let's say for the sake of discussion that I have two routes that would be stopped because of ARS. One that keeps some sets from making outside calls, and another that stops anyone from calling the 649 area code so we don't get a $70000 phone bill.

I'd like the first one to get a recording that tells them they can't call out from a restricted set, and I'd like the second one to let the caller know that the number they're trying to call is blocked to prevent toll fraud.

They have separate entries in digits dialed, route lists, routes, trunk groups, and COR. If I could tie any one of those to different intercept handling I could make it happen.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 06:46:48 PM »
Couldn't you just add a failback route to every single route list which allows all CoRs and with a digit mod that changes the destination number to 12345 which is CFA to VM which plays an announcement only?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 06:49:59 PM »

"Intercept Handling for Toll Denial" is what I was missing, or at least part of it. That gives me a way to play a single message for everything that gets stopped because of ARS.

Let's say for the sake of discussion that I have two routes that would be stopped because of ARS. One that keeps some sets from making outside calls, and another that stops anyone from calling the 649 area code so we don't get a $70000 phone bill.

I'd like the first one to get a recording that tells them they can't call out from a restricted set, and I'd like the second one to let the caller know that the number they're trying to call is blocked to prevent toll fraud.

They have separate entries in digits dialed, route lists, routes, trunk groups, and COR. If I could tie any one of those to different intercept handling I could make it happen.
Use intercept handling for one, and a loopback trunk to a different DID that routes to a different announcement for the other... Intercept handling alone can't do what your asking as it's device based, not route/digit based.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10