Author Topic: Blind Transfers Recalled  (Read 1960 times)

Offline BoiseBorn

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Blind Transfers Recalled
« on: April 29, 2019, 01:43:33 PM »
Hello,
I'm dealing with an issue where a call to a call director that get's directed to any internal extension using Blind Transfer get's recalled to the call director instead of going to the transferred-to's extension VM. For example a call to call director 1234 is answered and user presses option 2 to get to ext 4321. The call is sent to 4321 but if they don't answer the call is then sent back to 1234 instead of 4321's VM. If I call 4321 and they don't answer I do get their VM.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Transfers Recalled
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 01:59:43 PM »
Is "Try Call Flow First" Checked? If so you should uncheck it.

Offline BoiseBorn

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 03:44:43 PM »
It is not checked on any of the options in the call director.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 05:32:52 PM »
Look at the recall timer in the trunks COS

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 03:47:43 AM »
I beleive Nupoint will always go back to the mailbox that it first hits unless it passes through an ACD path or nametag huntgroup.

As soon as a call hits a diallable number e.g a single line key, extension, ring/hunt group. That extension number is the ID that stays with the call.

Offline BoiseBorn

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 06:30:20 PM »
Look at the recall timer in the trunks COS

No Answer recall timer on the trunk is set for 30 seconds while the call forward no answer timer on the extension it's being routed to is 2 seconds (set for testing) and still after 2 seconds the call returns to the call director instead of going to the extensions VM.

Offline BoiseBorn

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 06:38:49 PM »
I beleive Nupoint will always go back to the mailbox that it first hits unless it passes through an ACD path or nametag huntgroup.

As soon as a call hits a diallable number e.g a single line key, extension, ring/hunt group. That extension number is the ID that stays with the call.

I have many other call directors and when called from an external number and the option chosen leads to an extension if the call is not answered the VM is presented to the caller. I am using HG name tag with this setup. My DID of 5400 is set to ring 5400 in day mode and to go to 5502 in both night 1 and night 2. 5502 is my HG nametag and my call director number. Call director has 5 options and all are blind transfer to an extension. Any option recalls to the call director if not answered.

Offline BoiseBorn

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 06:51:04 PM »
I worked with my vendor and Mitel earlier today and they were unable to figure out the issue as well. Mitel now has my COS export and my log files. Something interesting we found is when we chose the option in the call director to blind transfer to 5453 and the no answer timer ran out it looked like it tried to transfer the call the 5443 which is just another extension. No call forwarding profiles or alternatives point to the 5443 ext.

I appreciate all the ideas. Keep them coming if you have any more. I'll post the solution if we ever find one...unless it's something that should have been blatantly obvious then I'll be hiding this thread deep within the interwebs.

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2019, 04:20:38 AM »
If the call is passing through a nametag huntgroup it will alawys go back to the mailbox that is associated with it.
A nametag huntgroup seems to apply a perminent voicemail ID to the call.

Try removing the nametag huntgroup and see if it fixes this.

Offline BoiseBorn

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2019, 10:57:15 AM »
Instead of Name Tag HG we did just create a single line on a phantom ext but the same thing kept happening. I didn't get much help from Mitel or my vendor so we reprogrammed the whole thing a different way. Thanks everyone for chipping in on this.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2019, 07:05:18 PM »
EWIW, the mailbox will always be the original number dialed unless it hit a Nametag HG or ACD path to change it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10