Author Topic: MCD Callflow to MiCC Workflow programming  (Read 2812 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
MCD Callflow to MiCC Workflow programming
« on: April 26, 2019, 10:55:57 AM »
Guys,

What is the best way to send calls to multiple workflows in the MiCC via multiple call flows from the MCD. For instance I have 43 sites that each have a different main incoming DID as well as users from those sites forwarding calls on a No Answer condition to the MiCC.

They currently have 50 - 5020 Messaging Ports going to a single Hunt Group that goes to a single Workflow.

They now want to add more site workflows with different ways to get them [DID and NA condition].

What would be the best way to handle this?

Thanks,

TE

Offline billbry66

• View Profile
Re: MCD Callflow to MiCC Workflow programming
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 08:12:02 AM »
Mitel always has multiple ways of achieving the same result.

our preference is to route indials to hunt group

eg
  08 7123 4501 -- hunt group 8501 name = Parts
  08 7123 4502 -- hunt group 8502 name = Service
  08 7123 4503 -- hunt group 8503 name = Sales
all IVR hunt groups have same messaging ports as members
main IVR hunt 8500 - has members 9001,9002,9003
  8501 - has members 9001,9002,9003
  8502 - has members 9001,9002,9003
  8503 - has members 9001,9002,9003

Main IVR hunt group is attached to main IVR workflow
main ivr workflow has Hunt group tests
 8501- sent to schedule subroutine for Parts
 8502- sent to schedule subroutine for Service
 8503- sent to schedule subroutine for Sales

8500 can go to management subroutine

for failover you can set 1st alternate on each IVR hunt groups to failover ring groups or other destinations in case IVr is offline

can do similar with redirects and dnis - we prefer hunt groups

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 11:21:17 AM »
billbry66,

With your setup how would the Mode of Operation work since you are using the same ports in each one?

The customer wants to be able to individually put each site into Override [Emergency] Mode, but if they are using the same ports, such as in your configuration, wouldn't that put them all into Emergency Mode at the same time?

Thanks,

TE

Offline billbry66

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 10:14:34 PM »
mode of operation isnt very flexible , out of the box its really an all or none situation (that i have seen)

you could setup a menu with pin codes to put queue groups into DND ( calls then follow the Path unavailable)

We divert the calls away from the hunt group in the MiVB if individual changes like that are required

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 11:16:01 PM »
billbry66,

Thanks for you help on this; I  appreciate it.

The customer is wanting it to work like the NuPoint does for Emergency Weather conditions so each site would need to go into Emergency Mode by itself.

The sale engineer told them it would work because of this feature.

If you press Option 2 in the Record Prompts or Set Mode of Operation Menu, you can set the System or Device Mode of Operation to either Emergency or Normal mode.
If you select 1 (for system) you are affecting the Mode of Operation for all hunt groups and ports.
If you select 2 (for device) you are affecting only the devices for which you enter a reporting number (individual hunt groups or ports).

I don't have a system I can test with to see if using the same Messaging Ports in each Hunt Group would cause a problem or not, but it seems like it would cause them to go into Emergency Mode regardless.

At this point I think we are just going to have to let the customer know that it isn't really feasible, even with upgrading to 120 ports, to have 43 different Hunt Groups since they only can have 2 ports per site instead of 120 available across them all for efficiency. I think that is where the NuPoint is better since each Call Director can be set individually; although they don't have an all in the NuPoint at all for the same reason.

Thanks,

TE

Offline ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 12:34:50 AM »
The customer is wanting it to work like the NuPoint does for Emergency Weather conditions so each site would need to go into Emergency Mode by itself.

I cant remember what version they added it in (think it was version 7, but it definitely in 8) that you can put individual hunt groups (or extensions) into emergency mode (instead of putting the whole system into emergency mode)

In a management subroutine look for Set Device Mode of Operation (instead of the Set System Mode of Operation)
The Default Management Subroutine is a good example to check out

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 04:52:22 AM »
I reckon you could do this with a database lookup to a data source to check if the site is in "emergency mode" or not, before proceeding. The data source could reside on or off the MiCC so that gives you some flexibility in how you toggle the state of emergency mode flag.

As to what's "best", TMTOWTDI, so go with whatever feels the most familiar. As you're talking about 40+ sites you're probably using a database lookup anyway, right? Otherwise you'll have a workflow with 40+ branches in...

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 09:50:13 AM »
Dogbreath,

No, we are not using a database lookup. I actually created 43 different Hunt Groups with a few extensions in each one that route to individual Workflows since all of the sites are playing different messages with different schedules and transfers.

I just finished the class not more than a couple of weeks ago so I am pretty new to this. Actually this is my first since taking the MiCC course so if there is a better way to do this I am all ears.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2019, 06:45:06 AM »
At its simplest, you can use an Excel sheet as a "database" with a Query activity in a workflow. We have this for a customer where they have ~100 sites but all have the same options. The database has three columns, site name, DNIS and ring group. When the caller chooses the option to speak to their local branch, the query looks up the DNIS they dialled and transfers them to the value in the ring group column. The site name column isn't used in the query, it's just documentation. [Someone can jump in here and say that passing untrusted data to a database query is an exploit waiting to happen, but meh]. Before we moved to a database lookup, the workflow was awkward to navigate at only 30 sites, and the workflow editor in YSE isn't the slickest of software even at the best of times!

You can probably achieve the above with Rules rather than an Excel "database", but the customer liked the idea of being able to make a bulk change by substituting a different spreadsheet.

When you say hunt groups, extensions and workflows...YSE certainly lets you arrange things in a variety of different ways, but the way I do this to economise on port usage is, there are a pool of messaging ports, messaging ports belong to one or more hunt groups, and each hunt group has a workflow attached to it. Any one port can belong to multiple hunt groups. Yes, you can assign ports directly to workflows but I am not sure if this is the "right" way.

From your description, I don't think you need 43 hunt groups, you could have just one hunt group with every DDI pointed at it, branching based on DNIS. Branching to what, though? Different schedules, different messages...I'm sure if you spent long enough you could build this into a workflow using variables, database reads/writes, dynamic RADs [ http://micc.mitel.com/kb/KnowledgebaseArticle51476.aspx ] and subroutines. The key to keeping this manageable is making each site as similar as possible, but if the customer is accustomed to every site being different then you're going to have a hard job rowing back, especially if the only reason is to make your life easier :-)
Perhaps start with a new workflow and add sites to it one by one, building up the complexity. Or maybe don't bother and try and be "clever" on the next project with a greenfield site.

In case you weren't aware, there is a large amount of diagnostic information about a call's progress through a workflow in <MiCC directory>\Logs\Devices\<port number>.log. Add all the ports to Real Time > Port Monitor in CCC to see which port you've hit. You can open all the port logfiles in Baretail. Also, every version of a workflow you've ever saved is kept as an XML file in <MiCC directory>\Ivr\Workflow\Compiled.

The main thing I think MiCC workflows are missing is that there is no obvious way to send a call to a mailbox from a workflow. Seems like a bit of an oversight.

Offline Jerm79

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2019, 11:32:53 AM »
We use DNIS based routing, a single subroutine that all our inbound port traffic hits first. All that subroutine does is match the dialed number and then route to the next subroutine based on the matching number.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2019, 12:43:47 PM »
Guys,

One of the requirements was to put each site into Override Mode individually. They don't want to have to put every site into Override mode at the same time since they are in different states. One site may have inclement weather and the rest be just fine.

My understanding is when you use a Hunt Group with messaging ports and that Hunt Group goes into Emergency mode then those messaging ports are in emergency mode so they can't be shared.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Jerm79

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2019, 04:31:32 PM »
Guys,

One of the requirements was to put each site into Override Mode individually. They don't want to have to put every site into Override mode at the same time since they are in different states. One site may have inclement weather and the rest be just fine.

My understanding is when you use a Hunt Group with messaging ports and that Hunt Group goes into Emergency mode then those messaging ports are in emergency mode so they can't be shared.

Thanks,

TE

Have you considered using variables via a data provider? (setting and lookup, then conditional routing based on what the value is set to)

I'm sure there's probably easier ways but that's what worked well for my company, especially if you already have an in house SQL data provider...

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2019, 04:39:42 PM »
Jerm79,

I would be more than happy to do that if you can provide specific instructions on how to set that up and what the customer would need to do in order to put a site into override since they probably won't be using the Mode of Operation setting.

When I went through training they didn't cover any of that. The answer from the instructor was, "If you need to do that then you will need to call Mitel Services".

Guess what they want; $$.

Guess what the customer doesn't want to provide any more of; $$.

Hence I am trying to make this work with what I can figure out.

Personally, I didn't think it would be this complicated to set this up, but every time I think I have the solution that will work they through me another curve ball; scope creep I hate it. I am not even sure why it is being moved over from the NuPoint in the first place, but the salesperson who sold it is no longer with the company.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2019, 05:08:15 AM »
Site manager can dial a number and press an IVR option to write a value to a database. Here's an example of how you can build a workflow to write values to a DB, to give the site manager an interface they can use to toggle the site mode:

http://micc.mitel.com/kb/Attachment274.aspx

You would maybe want to include some kind of PIN in the workflow to stop people who shouldn't be changing the site mode from being able to do so.

The inbound call flow would need a Database Query that checks the value of that variable before deciding where to send the call [to either the emergency mode destination or the normal destination].

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2019, 06:04:43 AM »
Do you have Message and Routing Ports (free) or are they the paid IVR ports?

You can't do a DB lookup on the free ports as far as I'm aware.

As far as simplicity goes I would just be forwarding the Hunt Group to another destination via the MCD. This can be done via a FAC for 'Call Forward Third Party'

It all depends on what you want the final destination to be though. In the past I have just forwarded the Hunt Group to a RAD on the MCD to play a message and hang up the caller.

I may have missed something because I honestly haven't read the entire thread closely.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10