Author Topic: When programming new voice mails, the recorded greeting will not play  (Read 1074 times)

Offline karengillman

• View Profile
My phone system worked great for a few years.  Now whenever we program a new DID and voice mail, the system will not go past the standard system generated recording and hit the personal greeting.  Mitel has logged in and reset something and when they do, it works.  But they will not tell our authorized service provider what they are resetting.  We cannot program any new voice mails or menu trees as the greetings nor prompts will work.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Mitel SX200
5300 IP Phones

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: When programming new voice mails, the recorded greeting will not play
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 07:45:47 PM »
Can't say I've seen this. Does it work after a normal reboot? They may be just stopping and restarting the vm. I assume this is an ICP with the 5300 IP Phone tag. Is the system at the highest version? Not that there is much changes for this system.

Offline karengillman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 08:00:28 PM »
I have rebooted several times and can confirm that it does not fix the problem. Mitel reboots something and it works again. 

How do you stop and start the vm system?  I know how to do a reset from the main board and from the main menu, Alt9.  Is the stop and start vm different than this?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 11:58:51 PM »
Weird one... I have installed hundreds of these systems, never heard of this problem.

Are you on the latest software release?

If so, I would suggest two things (neither will you like)... First, perform a full backup and restore. It sounds stupid, but gets rid of invalid data you might now see. If that does nothing, I would consider doing a clean software install and database restore. This will require the license code sheet.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 05:40:59 PM »
Is this a hotel environment?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 07:27:54 PM »
Is this a hotel environment?
^^ This... Or one with hospitality license?

The default mailbox type in a system with a hospitality license is "Guest Mailbox" which will act exactly as you describe... You must manually change it to "Extension Mailbox" for it operate as a normal mailbox.

PS... I REALLY hope you didn't reinstall before reading this, because johnp sounds spot on with where he was going with this.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10