Author Topic: Attendant Phone  (Read 1808 times)

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
Attendant Phone
« on: April 18, 2019, 03:12:35 PM »
I have a MiVO 250 6.3 SP2, with digital phones.  I have programmed 1 of these (X1004) to be the Attendant.  I set the Attendant flag to "Yes" for ext 1004, Under Phone Related Information>Attendants Ext. 1004 is listed, and under Phone Related Information>Primary Attendant, 1004 is shown as the primary and local.  However, when I dial 0 from a phone, or from the CRA recording, the phone display shows No Attendant Programmed or plays a recording that the number is invalid.  What else is there? What am I missing?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Attendant Phone
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 08:53:04 PM »
Just flagging the attendant station isn't enough; you can have multiple attendant stations. You need to assign the attendant to each phone.

There are two ways to do this:

Under Phone Related Information/Attendants/Ext. 1004, right click and add the phones.

Or, open up one of the phones under Devices and Feature Codes and select Associated Extensions, then assign the attendant. Then copy and paste to the other phones.

The attendant station has no bearing on a CRA. You must assign the zero option under Digit Translations.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 08:55:35 PM by DND ON »

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 06:48:43 PM »
I did do that.  I set the flag, set it as the Primary attendant. and made sure it was listed under Attendants.  I have done this before on other systems and it has worked just fine.  For some reason all the steps are not working on this system.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 07:16:53 AM »
bvtech,

Alright, let's start at the obvious place, the beginning, and see what went wrong.

So, you want x1004 to be the Attendant for the entire phone system; no problem. It seems as though you setup your Primary and Local Attendant by going to

System > Phone-Related Information > Primary Attendants > Primary: 1004

Then to

System > Phone-Related Information > Flags > Attendant

Then right-click and add an Attendant to select 1004. That means that 1004 will now show up under the following.

System > Phone-Related Information > Attendants: 1004, None

This also means that for any new extensions 1004 will automagically be set for their Attendant and Message Center. Now to verify, go to a phone and see what you have set for its attendant.

System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > XXXX > Associated Extensions > Attendant

Verify that you have 1004 in each phone that you want 1004 to be the Attendant of if it isn't already. Then from those phones if you dial 0 it will ring 1004.

Now, you want your Call Routing Announcements to also use 1004 for its dial 0 option.

Go to Voice Processor > Devices > Applications > CRA XXXX > Digit Translation > 0

Set the Action to Transfer to Extension and the Transfer Destination to 1004

Now, if you only had one CRA that you wanted to use for Day and Night, but it needs to go to the extension during the day and its mailbox at night then you could setup the Operator function within Voice Processor.

Go to Voice Processor > Dial-0 Day Destination Type

Set the Value to Extension and the Dial-0 Destination to 1004

Go to Voice Processor > Dial-0 Night Destination Type

Set the Value to Mailbox and the Dial-0 Destination to MB 1004

Then inside of your CRA you can set your 0 option to Transfer to Operator and your done.

Thanks,

TE

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 08:47:26 AM »
Thanks TE.  The missing piece to the puzzle was the Associated Extension>Attendant for each phone.  The training class I took never included that step and even though I have installed many systems since then, this is the first time it was an issue.  Thanks for your help.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 11:30:30 AM »
bvtech,

Not a problem, and that was the same information DND ON provided to you just in a different format.

The problem you ran into is an Order of Operation (OOO) issue most likely. If you had created x1004 before any of the other phones and then set it as the Attendant via its phone flag and then went to Phone-Related Information > Primary Attendants and set the Primary and Local Attendants to 1004 then you wouldn't have run into that issue as all new phones would have 1004 as its attendant as well as its message center.

This is where I think the way Mitel trains on the system is inferior to the way Inter-Tel trained on the system, but it is what it is.

This also tells me that your company doesn't have its own default database to work from which would eliminate this as an issue as well.

If you really want to be a hero in your company then just work with your installation, service, MAC, training, and sales departments to create a default database that will work for the majority of project installations and then use that going forward. Your service department will really appreciate it since it lowers the amount of time to fix an issue if each technician programs the system differently from the ground up. The installation department will appreciate it as it will take less time to get a system programmed. This will also allow your company to setup a training program to teach new technicians on how the system operates and how to add new programming later on; especially for the "odd" programming scenarios. Even the problem you had here would have been an easy issue if you had your default database document that explained how the default system programming worked.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10