Author Topic: How to display Ring Group name in Micollab 8.x screenpop  (Read 3087 times)

Offline moona

• View Profile
How to display Ring Group name in Micollab 8.x screenpop
« on: April 17, 2019, 06:11:23 PM »
Hi guys,

I am trying to get a ring group name to appear on the screen pop of Micollab 8.1 desktop client. Currently, I can only get the external calling party number. Users need this to be able to answer the call with the appropriate greeting based on what ring group the call comes in from.

I have played around with a bunch of different COS settings on trunk, RG and user COS without any luck.

Has anyone had any joy at getting this to work or just another Mitel feature limitation?

Offline Tom2018

• View Profile
Re: How to display Ring Group name in Micollab 8.x screenpop
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 03:21:07 AM »
Hi moona,

I have a running DCR for this at Mitel. The status at this moment is:  consideration  :)
But don't know if this feature really is really coming or when

regards,
Tom

Offline Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 09:07:40 AM »
Hi moona,

When you say the screen pop, do you mean the Windows 10 notification that comes in on the bottom right of the screen or do you mean in the actual MiCollab application window where you get the option to accept/reject the call?

If its the latter I have recently setup a system which had the same requirements you mentioned and is working.

Thanks
Martin

Offline moona

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 05:09:52 PM »
Hi moona,

When you say the screen pop, do you mean the Windows 10 notification that comes in on the bottom right of the screen or do you mean in the actual MiCollab application window where you get the option to accept/reject the call?

If its the latter I have recently setup a system which had the same requirements you mentioned and is working.

Thanks
Martin

Hi Martin,

Sorry for dragging up an old post but it is still relevant. Yes, that is what I am referring to. Although 8.1 does not have a bottom right toast on an incoming call.
I have tested 8.1 and now 9 and it is still the same. The call window will only show caller name and their caller ID, nothing else.
Would love to know how you managed to get this working as even Mitel has said it is not possible. Who could possibly think a customer might like to answer the call in a certain way as identified by the ring group name :o  e.g Hi, you have reached <<ring group name>> how may I assist you.

Below is an example. I have obfuscated it for privacy reasons. Top line is username, the second line is inbound caller ID.
Need a 3rd line or even replace the top line with the ring group name.

Offline Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 07:00:38 AM »
Hi moona,

Thanks
Martin

Hi Martin,

Sorry for dragging up an old post but it is still relevant. Yes, that is what I am referring to. Although 8.1 does not have a bottom right toast on an incoming call.
I have tested 8.1 and now 9 and it is still the same. The call window will only show caller name and their caller ID, nothing else.
Would love to know how you managed to get this working as even Mitel has said it is not possible. Who could possibly think a customer might like to answer the call in a certain way as identified by the ring group name :o  e.g Hi, you have reached <<ring group name>> how may I assist you.

Below is an example. I have obfuscated it for privacy reasons. Top line is username, the second line is inbound caller ID.
Need a 3rd line or even replace the top line with the ring group name.

Hi moona,

So the MiCollab client you have configured in your screenshot, is this a member of a ring group?

Just to reconfirm my initial reply to you, I have just been and setup a ring group and softphone in the way I think you want this to work. I setup a test DDI number and a new ring group which contains my configured softphone.

I have a DDI going direct to ring group 5082 - I have been into telephone directory to name this "Test Ring Group". This ring group contains my softphone 5004. See image below for incoming call. Is this what you're after?

Offline moona

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 03:11:19 PM »
Yes, that is basically what I want to achieve. They way you describe your setup seems identical to mine.
I have a DDI pointing to the ring group with my softphone as a member. Ring group is named in the telephone directory.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 09:42:30 PM »
You may want to compare your COS options with each other.

There are a few items relating to display.

Offline Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 06:20:37 AM »
My COS display settings moona, I know for a previous install I had to manually set something in COS but cant remember what it was!

Display
  After Answer Display Time 
  Calling Name Display - Internal - ONS Yes
  Calling Number Display - Internal - ONS Yes
  Display ANI/DNIS/ISDN Calling/Called Number Yes
  Display ANI/ISDN Calling Number Only No
  Display Caller ID on multicall/keylines Yes
  Display Caller ID On Multicall/Keylines Timer 5
  Display Caller ID On Single Line Displays For Forwarded Calls No
  Display Dialed Digits during Outgoing Calls Yes
  Display DNIS/Called Number Before Digit Modification No
  Display DNIS on Key Label No