Author Topic: MXeIII expanded maximum configurable user and devices  (Read 1345 times)

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
MXeIII expanded maximum configurable user and devices
« on: April 16, 2019, 02:29:00 PM »
Hello

I hope someone can help as this is driving me mad.  I've got a system that's reached the default 700 user limit however the license option allows me to simply up this to 5600 (save, restore, keep current dimensions and reboot)?

Reading through the hardware technical manual, it says max IP users for MXe expanded is 1400 with a note that MXeIII has more processing power but only allows for more features, nothing about extra users.

If someone can confirm I would be much appreciated.  On a similar topic on here the answer was to change it to 5600 but that doesn't sound quite right.

Thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: MXeIII expanded maximum configurable user and devices
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 08:15:53 PM »
As of 9.0, an MXeIII expanded can have up to 1500 total IP+TDM devices (not just phones, all devices includes trunks). Note that it is stated "The total number of IP plus TDM devices should not exceed the value shown with maximum IP devices installed, or 1.5 times the IP limit with fewer IP devices, under typical office traffic conditions." (honestly, I find that statement confusing)

1500 - Maximum devices total
1400 - Maximum IP devices (Minet+SIP devices)
576 - Maximum TDM devices (ONS stations)

I believe the "5600" number comes from how the database itself is configured, that it supports 5600 programmed "devices" which in this case means sets, trunks, groups, etc. not just phones.

Remember, all Mitel docs are know available to the public at https://www.mitel.com/document-center

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
Re: MXeIII expanded maximum configurable user and devices
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 06:40:41 PM »
As of 9.0, an MXeIII expanded can have up to 1500 total IP+TDM devices (not just phones, all devices includes trunks). Note that it is stated "The total number of IP plus TDM devices should not exceed the value shown with maximum IP devices installed, or 1.5 times the IP limit with fewer IP devices, under typical office traffic conditions." (honestly, I find that statement confusing)

1500 - Maximum devices total
1400 - Maximum IP devices (Minet+SIP devices)
576 - Maximum TDM devices (ONS stations)

I believe the "5600" number comes from how the database itself is configured, that it supports 5600 programmed "devices" which in this case means sets, trunks, groups, etc. not just phones.

Remember, all Mitel docs are know available to the public at https://www.mitel.com/document-center

Thank you sir!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10