Author Topic: Need to assign 2 mailboxes to one extension  (Read 1713 times)

Offline cshaw

• View Profile
Need to assign 2 mailboxes to one extension
« on: April 15, 2019, 06:15:39 PM »
I had a phone extension that when it went to voicemail it asked you if you want person one or person 2 then went to their voicemail boxes.  I am having to recreate that feature but I can't associate the mailboxes with the extensions and I don't see how to do it online.  So my phone extension is 1690 but the mailboxes go to 1691, and 1692.  Under Under mailboxes for extension 1690 it is blank and I have no options to add anything and if I go to Voice Processor/Devices/Mailboxes  1691 and 1692 have no Associated extension and I see not options to add one.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Need to assign 2 mailboxes to one extension
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 08:22:54 PM »
You setup a System Forward to a Call Routing Announcement with two menu options, 1 goes to MB 1691 and 2 goes to 1692, then set both mailboxes to notify x1690.

Although I would setup one as 1690 and one as 1691, to make it easier with notifications.

Offline cshaw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 12:49:51 PM »
Ok so my extension points to my forwarding path
My Forwarding path points to my Hunt group
My Hunt Group list the extension and points to the call routing application
My application lists my two Mailboxes and points back to the phone extension

However when I look at my extension the mailbox folder is still empty and when I right click on the two mailboxes and look at their associations it does not show they are associated with that extension or the hunt group.

I have  something missing that is causing a disconnect and when I dial the extension it just rings and never goes to the call Routing Announcement.

Any ideas on what I may have missed?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 03:08:59 PM »
cshaw,

Alright, try this on for size.

1. Create the Call Routing Announcement that states press 1 = mailbox 1691 and 2 = mailbox 1692 and if they don't do anything than just hangup on them.
2. Go to System > Phone Related Information > System Forwarding Paths: Find an open path and set the first field to be the extension of your CRA.
3. Go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > 1690 > System Forwarding > Add your paths however they would normally work. We typically have one for Internal Call and one for External Calls, but just look at what you have on your phone.
4. Set the Path to the Path ID that you added your CRA extension to.

Call extension 1690 and it should go to CRA xxxx after however many seconds is set before System Forward Initiate timer starts.

I am not sure why you are using a Hunt Group if you only have one phone to work with. If you want both mailboxes to notify the phone then just do the following.

Make sure both mailboxes were setup as Disassociated Mailboxes and then change the Associated Extension to 1690 and they will light the message notification button when they get a new message. All users have to do is press the Message Notification button while the phone is on-hook [idle] and it will tell you where the messages come from; press it a second time to get to any other messages and then press # to go to the mailbox you want to listen to.

Hopefully that makes sense. I am a little on the sick side so my head is kind of foggy.

Thanks,

TE

Offline cshaw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 03:52:42 PM »
Thanks that made sense and everything looks correct now. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10