Author Topic: Class Of Restriction (COR) behaviour questions  (Read 1767 times)

Offline rubberbudgie

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Class Of Restriction (COR) behaviour questions
« on: April 11, 2019, 01:02:25 PM »
Please forgive me if these are dumb questions or have been answered elsewhere but I have searched for several weeks and only end up going in circles.

Basically I am trying to configure ARS to send calls from some extensions (1XXX for example) out SIP trunk A and calls from different extensions (2XXX for example) out SIP trunk B.

I have read enough to know that this can be done with COR and route lists, what I cannot seem to find is how COR behaves when there are multiple devices (trunks, phones etc) across multiple controllers.

So for example, if a phone on another controller has a COR of 10, places a call which is routed across a trunk with a trunk attribute COR of 5, hits the ARS and is sent out a route with a COR of 5, which COR will it be matched against? Does it always match based on originating station COR or is the COR "changed" once it travels across a trunk?

Again, sorry for the probably dumb questions but COR is the one Mitel concept I still haven't quite gotten my head around and while I have found various guides both here and other places and read through them numerous times the concept still hasn't quite clicked yet so if anyone has any tips or pointers in regards to COR I would be most appreciative. Most guides seem to have multiple levels based of various levels of access, I just want an ultra simple one that says something like:

1XXX phones have COR 10 and need to go out SIP trunk A
2XXX phones have COR 20 and need to go out SIP trunk B

Digits dialed points to Route List 1 which has Route 1 as first choice and Route 2 as second choice.

Route 1 points to SIP trunk A
Route 2 points to SIP trunk B

How would COR 10 and 10 need to configured?
What COR does each route need to be?
What COR does each trunk attribute need to be?

Thanks.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Class Of Restriction (COR) behaviour questions
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 03:44:39 PM »
The ars route gets a cor group value, the user gets a cor value. Example route 10 has a cor 10, in cor group for anyone listed in 10 cannot use this route

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 11:30:18 PM »
Phrase to help here... "If you're not in, you're out."

Meaning if your COR is not in the COR Group, then your call goes out.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 02:19:00 AM »

Funny, I was told the opposite saying.

"If you're in, you're out" meaning if you're in the COR Group you're out of the call (i.e. bugger off, you can't make the call)

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 04:57:08 AM »
This may or not be the "correct" answer [aka "I don't understand CoR either"] but I usually use Interconnect Restriction to do this. Restrict one of the interconnect numbers from using one of the SIP trunks and everyone who you don't want to use that SIP trunk, put them in that interconnect number.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 07:11:54 AM »
Also make sure you enable "Send Travelling Class Marks" in the System Options form if your call is going via another controller.

1XXX phones have COR 10 and need to go out SIP trunk A
2XXX phones have COR 20 and need to go out SIP trunk B

Digits dialed points to Route List 1 which has Route 1 as first choice and Route 2 as second choice.

Route 1 points to SIP trunk A
Route 2 points to SIP trunk B

How would COR 10 and 10 need to configured?
What COR does each route need to be?
What COR does each trunk attribute need to be?

Thanks.

You would need to give the Route a COR, so for example you could have the below

Route 1 has COR 1 (SIPT A)
Route 2 has COR 2 (SIPT B)
1xxx has COR 10
2xxx has COR 20

You have your Route List with both Routes in it and your ARS digits dialed use route Route List

With your COR Groups you have the following
1 - 20
2 - 10

This means if you have a COR of 20 you will be restricted from using a route with COR 1 (because you're in the group you're out of the call)

Although as Dogbreath says, it's easier to use Interconnect Restrictions.

Offline ricvil

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2019, 06:00:05 PM »
I too have this question and I don't believe it has been answered yet.  Let me give a more precise example of what I need to accomplish.

Extension 4123 dials PSTN number 1-305-555-1234 and the 3300 controller needs to route this via SIP Trunk A.
Extension 5123 dials PSTN number 1-305-555-1234 and the 3300 controller needs to route this via SIP Trunk B.

If you ask why we would need to send calls to the same destination via different Trunks, it is because our users have extensions that are mapped to different DIDs that come in via different SIP providers.  So our extensions in California can't use the same SIP Trunk as our extensions in FL, no matter if they are dialing the same number.  (and my simple example is for a single controller setup, not a cluster)

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 06:02:05 PM by ricvil »

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 01:33:08 PM »
Okay, lets say you may need some type of restriction level, Site A cor 1-10, Site B 11-20.

Your cor groups would like something like this
01 members 1,11-20
02 members 1,2, 11-20
03 members 1-3, 11-20
04 ...
11 members 1-10,11
12 members 1-10,11,12
13 members 1-,10, 11-13
14 ...

Then you create routes for each group like route 1 using cor 1, route 11 using cor 11. You then add them to a route list such that 1 or 11 are chosen. Your dialed digits point to the list and depending upon which site you are, you go out the one you can. The Mitel ARS is built upon routes, lists, plans. You don't see much plans any more but still comes into play if you need to restrict buy time of day or calls out a carrier is chaeper.

Offline artieouellette

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2019, 05:55:03 PM »
You give the ext a class of restriction say 5 then create a class of restriction group say 5, then assign class of restriction 5 to class off restriction group 5 then apply class of restriction group 5 to the route that the sip trunk is using you want to restrict that phone to go out and you create the same scenario. For the other ext using a different COR amd app lay the to the other sip trunk route. Then you can create a route list and add the routes and it will not allow the phones to access the trunks their cor is accounted with if you are sending across the wan that rule needs to be created across all xnet trunks IP trunks and sip trunk routes on the far end. Hope I explained that well enough. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rubberbudgie

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2019, 12:30:48 PM »
The ars route gets a cor group value, the user gets a cor value. Example route 10 has a cor 10, in cor group for anyone listed in 10 cannot use this route
That makes sense, group vs value.

Funny, I was told the opposite saying.

"If you're in, you're out" meaning if you're in the COR Group you're out of the call (i.e. bugger off, you can't make the call)
Haha yeah I can see how both are correct but best to settle on one or could get confusing :)

This may or not be the "correct" answer [aka "I don't understand CoR either"] but I usually use Interconnect Restriction to do this. Restrict one of the interconnect numbers from using one of the SIP trunks and everyone who you don't want to use that SIP trunk, put them in that interconnect number.
Hmmm, I'll have to do some further reading on that one as I've only seen interconnects as a setting which I have never touched before.

What I ended up doing which worked insofar as it has chosen the correct trunk:

Sip trunk A (Trunk attribute COR 3):
Routes 1 - 7, with COR's 1 - 7

Sip trunk B (Trunk attribute COR 30):
Routes 10 - 17, with COR's 10 - 17

COR group 3: 10-17
COR group 30: 1-7

Digits dialed points to route list 1 which has route 1 as first choice and 10 as second choice

Phones with COR 3 can only use routes 1-7 and phones with COR 30 can use routes 10-17

(In traces I can see it trying to go out the correct trunk but phone still saying invalid but I suspect that might be another issue with the trunk itself which I ran out of time today to investigate further)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10