Author Topic: Inbound caller-id  (Read 1784 times)

Offline marcreid

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Inbound caller-id
« on: April 11, 2019, 10:28:13 AM »
I need some help determining whether I have an issue with my PRI provider or our setup.

Inbound calls are displaying "No Digits" for the caller-id.

I've attached a screenshot of my Trunk Group config. Please let me know if there is somewhere else I should be looking.

Thank you in advance.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Inbound caller-id
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 10:31:39 AM »
marcreid,

Look at Call Routing Table 3 and 4 and see if you have an entry for E and + and which one has No Digits as the entry.

Thanks,

TE

Offline marcreid

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 10:39:23 AM »
I just saw in the description of my "+" the description is NO DIGITS. CRT 3&4 are my caller-id filter.

Screenshot attached.

Offline marcreid

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 10:54:29 AM »
Now I feel dumb. I cleared the description of the + and E in my CRT's and now I am getting inbound caller-id again. I didn't know that the description would override the inbound caller-id.

Offline marcreid

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 11:03:04 AM »
Is there any way to change "RINGING IN" to the provided Caller-ID name from the inbound call?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 01:35:28 PM »
marcreid,

First of all what you are telling me is that the calls are getting to you via the + which means that you are receiving some digits just not any that you have listed in your CRT.

What you need to do is setup a phone to not look for Caller ID and then send any calls that come in via + to that phone and it will tell you what digits it received from the carrier. This is the basics of setting up a PRI on the MiVO-250; are you not certified on the product? If you are not than you shouldn't be trying to figure out how to setup a PRI without knowing everything that is involved; especially the basics.

The next thing you are going to ask, most likely, is how to do I setup a phone to not look for Caller ID. Here you go.

The phone should already have Expanded CO Call Information on Display turned on and then just turn off Outside Party Call Information has Priority. This will ignore any Caller ID coming from the carrier and provide you the DID that they called in on; don't forget to turn that on for the phone so they will get Caller ID back.

Thanks,

TE

Offline marcreid

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 03:13:14 PM »
I was just looking for some magic trick to make the caller's name show if it's available in addition to the phone number. And yes, I am certified on MiV 250.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 08:19:07 PM »
I'm a little confused. What are the patterns and descriptions entered in CRT-2? The descriptions in previous tables should not be displayed. Also, why is there a blank pattern shown?

FYI: the functions of the + and E entries are opposite from how you show them labeled. The + entry matches any digits, while the E (for empty) is a match when no digits are received.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2019, 07:20:08 AM »
marcreid,

Don't take this the wrong way, but I am curious as to what they teach nowadays when you are getting certified on the MiVO-250. As I was certified on the Inter-Tel Axxess system I didn't have to go through the MiVO-250 training. When I was trained we went over how to set up a T-1/PRI and test to see what you are getting from it via the method I explained earlier as well as using HON and DON via the RS-232 connection on the front the card; that was Inter-Tel though.

Anywawy, there isn't a magic trick to make the callers name show up if its available, but depending on your software version there are ways to get it to show like that.

In the old way, prior to 6.3, you had to setup the transient call display to not display as long and then it would show the name and number if you had the system flag Display Caller ID Name and Number set to yes it would then switch from the transient display faster than most users would look at their display so they would see the Caller ID Name and Number; of course they lost their call timer.

Now, the way to do it is with the new phone flag Display CID on Ringing; so much easier.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10