Author Topic: No 3xx feature codes/how to send a caller to an external answering service  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Enobaham

• View Profile
I am very new to Mitel and I am currently working on a Mitel 5000 with 5320e phones and I am using Mivoice office 250.

I have noticed my phones do not have and 3xx feature codes which seems to make some programming a bit more difficult.

For example, I am trying to get the phones to transfer to an external answering service after hours. A lot of the answers I have found online so far have something to do with entering a 3xx feature code on the phone itself.

Is there a way to get those codes back?

and

Is there a way to, in Myvoice office 250, program up this transfer or forward to an external answering service?

I have attempted to set up some forwarding paths as well as trying to set up a user and use a dynamic extension express but neither seems to work so I feel I am missing a step.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Enobaham,

Did you or your company install the MiVO-250 or did someone else?

My guess is that you are not a certified technician.

Anyway, go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > Feature Codes

This will show you what all of your feature codes are set for.

I don’t know if any real phone systems that don’t allow that type of setup that you are referring to. Now picking the best way to do that depends on multiple factors.

Thanks,

TE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Adding to what Tech Electronics said... To the best of my knowledge, feature codes cannot be deleted or removed, only changed, which is common in some installtion scenarios. Also, in some cases the system is programmed so that to use any feature codes, the FEATURE or SPECIAL key is required first, and on the Mitel 53xx series phones that is the O with an X inside of it (technically the CANCEL key on other Mitel systems).

Offline Enobaham

• View Profile
Tech Electronics,

Someone else installed the MIVO-250

I have looked in the Feature Code folder and it has 0, 9, and then a bunch of 88xx codes and that's it.

I couldn't figure out how to get the external answering services phone number put in as an extension. The one place I found that allowed me to was under Users and I created a new one where I could put in the number as Home and use the DEE to send it that way but when I try it the phone simply rings and rings and won't get to the second step of sending me to the external answering service.

acejavelin,

I have also tried pressing the O with the X inside key and the phones asks for me to enter the feature number but as soon as I press 3 it says 'Invalid Feature Code'

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Tech Electronics,

Someone else installed the MIVO-250

I have looked in the Feature Code folder and it has 0, 9, and then a bunch of 88xx codes and that's it.

I couldn't figure out how to get the external answering services phone number put in as an extension. The one place I found that allowed me to was under Users and I created a new one where I could put in the number as Home and use the DEE to send it that way but when I try it the phone simply rings and rings and won't get to the second step of sending me to the external answering service.

acejavelin,

I have also tried pressing the O with the X inside key and the phones asks for me to enter the feature number but as soon as I press 3 it says 'Invalid Feature Code'
Can you give us a screenshot of part of the FAC page?

BTW, the typical way to send calls to an external service after hours is to use a phantom extension, call forward it to the answering service, and set the night answer point for the trunks/CRT to that phantom. If the feature codes are changed to 88XX numbers, then that is the code, Call Forward Always might be 8855, and Remote Station Programming 8859.

Basically build a new extension as a Phantom, say 1999... then go to any phone and enter the Remote Station Programming FAC, then the password (1999 by default), then Call Forward Always FAC, then the Outgoing Trunk Group Extension or ARS FAC, then the destination number. After that you set the Trunk Group's Night Ring destination as 1999, or if using SIP/PRI you set the required DNIS numbers routing for night to 1999.

Again, this setup can vary tremendously depending on how you are setup. And this sounds like a very non-standard configuration.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Enobaham,

Alright, you are definitely not trained in the system, but that is ok.

The reason the DEE programming didn’t work is because you probably didn’t have it turned on.

The best way to do this is via a phantom that has DEE setup on it. This way it can be changed or added to in the future with minimum issue.

Create a phantom extension
Make sure to setup the Associated Extensions for Outgoing to use whatever the other phones are using; hopefully ARS. Since it looks as though your system is setup for 9 as the Outgoing Feature code then the default ARS is 82000.

Setup DEE on the phantom extension
The phantom is obviously the main extension, but you can setup the mobile or home for your remote number. Remember that you have to put it in the way you would dial it from a phone sans the leading 8/9 used for outgoing.

Make sure to check that DEE is turned on for the phantom and call it. After that you can point calls to the phantom within your call flow or a manual transfer.

I realize this is very high level, but going in-depth while typing on my cell phone is difficult.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Enobaham

• View Profile

Alright, you are definitely not trained in the system, but that is ok.

Correct. I am not trained. The system I am working on at the moment is on a LAN right now on my desk. My boss wants me to get to know it, so right now its a lot of web surfing and youtube watching. I am looking into how to get certified as well but my boss isn't yet convinced if he wants use to service mitel or not...

I will tackle those steps you provided and let you know how it goes.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Enobaham,

No problem, everyone has to start somewhere.

As for training I believe he would need to be a Mitel dealer in order to get you certified. You could get a Mitel dealer to sponsor you and send you to school for your certification too.

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
How much business are you losing because your calls aren't going to the answering service after hours? How many man-hours are you going to waste watching videos?

Enough to pay a qualified person to program the system properly? Probably yes, many times over.

You're stepping over dollar bills to pick up pennies.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10