Author Topic: Analog Power Fail for Mitel AX and Mitel CX-ii - 4+12 combo, 24onsp, ASUii...  (Read 796 times)

Offline techsupport

• Contributer
    • View Profile
I'm trying to find information for both the AX Control unit, as well as the CX-ii control unit, related to 4+12 combo cards (4 analog trunks, 12 analog stations) and/or 24 port ONSP (analog station) and/or ASU-ii with 24-port ONSP cards.
I discovered by accident that Analog POTS lines plugged into the 4+12 combo cards on the AX Control unit will "power fail" and ring through to some Analog stations while the system is not fully booted or is powered off.
Is there anywhere in the THB or other documentation that explains how these are configured or work ?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
I'm trying to find information for both the AX Control unit, as well as the CX-ii control unit, related to 4+12 combo cards (4 analog trunks, 12 analog stations) and/or 24 port ONSP (analog station) and/or ASU-ii with 24-port ONSP cards.
I discovered by accident that Analog POTS lines plugged into the 4+12 combo cards on the AX Control unit will "power fail" and ring through to some Analog stations while the system is not fully booted or is powered off.
Is there anywhere in the THB or other documentation that explains how these are configured or work ?

The hardware guide will tell you... There is no configuration, basically its just a relay, without power it passes the dialtone through to the ONS stations. On the embedded AMB in all systems, and on ONS combo cards, it's CO1-ONS1 and CO2-ONS2. It cannot be disabled or configured.

Offline techsupport

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Thank you @acejavelin - that's exactly what I was looking for - hardware technical reference manual (i.e. http://edocs.mitel.com/TechDocs/Platforms/3300ICP/MiVB-7.2/sysadmin/pdfs/mivoice_business_7.2_htrm.pdf ) describes it on Page 47.

Thanks!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10