Author Topic: ring at console before phone  (Read 859 times)

Offline gswedenborg

• View Profile
ring at console before phone
« on: April 08, 2019, 05:56:06 PM »
When an external call comes in it rings 4 times at on the Superconsole 1000 before it rings at the phone.  This phone system has been in place for almost 20 years and it just started doing this last week.  I'm not familiar with the system and hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I've cleared any/all alarms, rebooted and didn't make any changes to my knowledge.

Like clockwork 4 rings on the console then it rings to the phone/line where the call would have originally gone.

thanks

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ring at console before phone
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 08:31:11 PM »
Sounds like a day night change. Are calls suppose to ring the console? If so why are they now answering within the 4 rings? What is your desired behavior for inbound calls?

Offline gswedenborg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 12:51:15 AM »
Johnp,

thanks for the reply.  Never in the 4 years I've been working near this console have I heard it ring at the console (except 911 alarm).  Now for whatever reason is rings 4 times a the console and the 5th ring is on the phone where you would expect it to ring (hotel front desk).  Luckily they are close to each other so we know a call is coming when we hear the console start ringing.  Typically they would just ring on the phone(s) as normal which consists of one # and 3 lines.  Was hoping to figure out if it was a console setting or something on the SX200 where we would need a tech to remote in and fix.   Unfortunately 'our Mitel guy' retired and we are in a remote location so the nearest tech is a few hours away.

Not sure what you mean by day/night change and I'll investigate that...but now that you mention it this did start right around daylight savings change.

Thanks

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 05:48:06 PM »
In a typical setup, calls to a console during day mode will ring for a timed period before doing the night1 setting. Perhaps you were running in night mode and someone at the console changed it to day. I think it is function attendant function day night setting to change it from the console. I has been a while, so might not have the correct key sequence.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10