Author Topic: Busy signal with IC calls  (Read 1095 times)

Offline marcreid

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Busy signal with IC calls
« on: April 05, 2019, 12:34:25 PM »

When our attendant receives more than one IC call at a time, the 2nd and additional IC callers receive a busy signal for a moment and then continues to ring.

The switchboard has no Forwarding Path or AA.

Is there anyway to fix the momentary busy signal? I tried adding another IC to her phone like we have multiple Call Key's for external calls but both buttons light up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Busy signal with IC calls
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 01:18:27 PM »
Marcreid,

This is not an endpoint it is a station so there is only a single IC key needed if you want to put one on. It is not needed as a call key can handle that function, but there are some slight changes when there isn’t an IC key so use what you are used to and trained for.

Anyway, just make sure the station has only one IC key to let the user know it is an IC call. As for the busy signal that is to let the caller know that the callee is busy before it camps on. If the caller had an Executive style phone they would be offered some options at that point as well. There is a Campon Timer that you can adjust from 1-255 (default:3) seconds if you want to shorten it.

Thanks,

TE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline magnus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 01:32:59 PM »
Possibly consider changing the "Audio for Calls Camped onto this Device" to something other than a ringback.
Then people have another indicator that they are camped on instead of ringing the phone.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 01:59:43 PM »
Magnus,

Typically the audio for Camped On is the MoH port. If they have nothing plugged into the system then it will be silence while they wait.

I also don’t think you will get any audio for an IC call if it is set to File-Based MoH either; not positive on that though.

I believe what marcreid was requesting is a change to the audio prior to it camping onto the station; ie the busy tones.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 02:06:13 PM »
Marcreid,

What you could do, if you are comfortable with programming the system, is to create a system forward path on the station to route immediately on a busy condition. This way no one will get camped onto the station so they won’t hear the busy tones. You can even specify IC calls only.

What you want it to do beyond that is up to you, but I would send it to a CRA that would allow the caller to decide if they want to wait or not for the operator or just call back later.

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 09:54:13 AM »
What's wrong with using it the way it was designed? The busy signal alerts the caller that the attendant is already on a call, and will answer when they're through.

Offline marcreid

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 10:16:58 AM »
The problem is...."The old system (Avaya from the 80's) didn't do that...."

It's a learning curve.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10