Author Topic: AMC Connection issue  (Read 4425 times)

Offline mrmicp

• View Profile
AMC Connection issue
« on: April 04, 2019, 12:08:31 PM »
Hi,

Our public facing IP address has changed because we have moved from MPLS to BT Netflex.

Our vMCD is now saying it can't connect to sync.mitel-amc.com and in 13 days it will cease to work.  I've tried to telnet (on port 22) from the Mitel box and it won't connect and our firewall rules look good so I'm starting to wonder if there is an access list on the Mitel AMC server that may be preventing the IP address to connect?  I would just contact them and ask but it's a long drawn out process as we have to go through BT to log a support call and thought by asking here I may save some time.

Thanks

Mic P

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: AMC Connection issue
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 01:02:43 PM »
Mitel AMC does not restrict any IP addresses, there is no access list to adjust. The issue with with your settings or ISP.

Log into the command prompt of the MSL base, and troubleshoot connectivity there. The address used is sync.mitel-amc.com

Remember this is a vMCD, so it must be able to connect to AMC. 99% of the time this is a DNS or firewall issue, but could vary depending on your configuration, but a couple ping and nslookup commands in the terminal should narrow down the issue quite quickly.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 05:00:22 PM by acejavelin »

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 08:55:34 PM »
I would putty into it and see if it resolves names and the traceroute to sync.mitel-amc.com. I could be this address is in the networks and is sent out via a different gateway, the hostname could also be proxied to another MSL server.

Offline mrmicp

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 07:06:54 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for your help!

I SSH'd on to the vMCD and an nslookup worked fine, ping is blocked and is a pain to enable it as we have 2 firewalls setup between the vMCD and the internet, our network is heavily locked down.

As long as I know they aren't restricting access via IP I can crack on with our firewall configs.

Cheers

Mic P

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10