Author Topic: Click-to-Dial / TAPI  (Read 2444 times)

Offline Psychodata

• View Profile
Click-to-Dial / TAPI
« on: April 01, 2019, 10:30:43 AM »
Hi there!

I am trying to find information on enabling a click-to-call solution on the computers. Our ticketing system, supports TAPI, but even any click to call, even just in the web-browser might work (as we have a web client for the ticketing system as well)

Hoping that there might be a solution built in to what we are already paying for, without having to buy a connector.

I believe the phone system is a Mitel 3300, phones range from Mitel 5330 to 6940, probably others around the business but I know of these offhand.

Our ticketing system is ConnectWise Manage, and has a feature for "phone integration" for "TAPI Sources" which makes me think that if I can find a way to setup some TAPI to our Mitel phones, I might be able to get it to work.

I've seen some posts about people post about hacking together a simple URL handler that basically feeds the phone number clicked to an executable related to Phone Manager or MiCollab, but I think that feature is related to a softphone capability of MiCollab, which I don't think we have turned on.

Many of us DO have MiCollab, but neither I, nor any of my coworkers that I have checked with have SoftPhone listed under settings in MiCollab

Offline Tom2018

• View Profile
Re: Click-to-Dial / TAPI
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 11:10:17 AM »
Hi Psychodata,

the easiest and cheapest way is to install the good old 7.3 MiCollab Client. There is a build in TAPI Line...
But be aware that this client is discontinued
Other solutions are third party just like ESTOS or similar

regards,
Tom

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 02:52:25 PM »
Psychodata- What you might be interested in poking around with is WebRTC. I played around with it for a bit, but it was kind of complex in my environment with our routing. I was having issues with consistent connectivity while inside the edge, might be the hairpin routes that are in use.

Offline patrick.benton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 12:37:47 PM »
Hi the additional solution could be to use the Callback Tracker https://callbacktracker.com/ or similar service. It will give your clients option to request calls directly from your website. Callback Tracker has animated button, click to call widget, call recording, WordPress plugin and integration with Zapier which can help you to send call information to your Ticketing System.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10