Author Topic: 6940 Corporate Directory  (Read 2677 times)

Offline ricvil

• Contributer
    • View Profile
6940 Corporate Directory
« on: March 29, 2019, 12:13:10 PM »
I am sure this is something simple but can't seem to figure it out.  We deployed a bunch of new 6940 phones and when I press the Contacts->Corporate Directory key it allows me to search by entering a name.  That works fine, but I was expecting to be able to browse and scroll our directory without having to search.  If we only have 20 entries, it is faster to scroll than to type.

Any clues on what I am missing here.

3300 ICP Call Control 44.0.3.15   
6940 Main Version 01.04.00.073

Thanks.

Offline ricvil

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: 6940 Corporate Directory
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 08:24:29 PM »
After searching through the 6940 user guide I was able to answer my question.  In the guide it tells us that:

There are two types of corporate directories that can be configured:
1. Cached:
Contacts are cached on the phone and are viewable as a list in the Corporate contact folder
upon entering the Contacts application. You can scroll up and down to view your list of corporate
contacts. Performing a basic search applies to both the Personal and Corporate contacts
folders.
2. Non-cached:
Contacts are not cached on the phone and therefore contacts are not available until you perform
a lookup in the Corporate contact folder. Used for corporate directories with a large amount of
contacts as caching a large amount of contacts could, at times, overload the IP phone.

Unfortunately we are not able to change the LDAP form in the MCD to enable cache since this is a read only field and is disabled for the internal directory.  We would have to use an external LDAP to be able to set the mode to cache.  Bummer.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10