Author Topic: MiVoice Office 250 + Flowroute SIP without MBG?  (Read 1202 times)

Offline chferox

• View Profile
MiVoice Office 250 + Flowroute SIP without MBG?
« on: March 29, 2019, 08:26:48 AM »
Hi all. I'm just getting started with MiTel and the database programming software MiVoice Office 250. I've been supporting the very basics for a few months, now, and have things like adding a new handset, user/mailbox down, but not much else. This client is using a PRI currently and everything is working. I need to test them with SIP trunking. Specifically, Flowroute. I have an account set up and a test DID and am not even sure where to start to add the SIP trunk and add a new inbound/outbound route. I find the MiTel interface uses some different terminology that I'm used to (most of my experience is with Allworx and Grandstream).

The only guidance I keep finding is to use an MBG server, but I don't want to do that at this early stage. I'm not even sure whether that requires a license they don't currently have (I suspect it does), and if it does we would start talking about moving to a new hardware platform (I can replace the whole system and all handsets for under $3k and changing providers will save that much every 6 months). I also want to test it without impacting their current PRI configuration. Most of the phone systems I support can easily handle multiple trunk types simultaneously. Does anyone have experience with this configuration that can point me to the correct documentation or how-to just to help me through the learning curve? Thanks in advance.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MiVoice Office 250 + Flowroute SIP without MBG?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 08:53:36 AM »
This all should have been covered in your certification class. You are a certified tech, right?

Offline chferox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 09:00:06 AM »
This all should have been covered in your certification class. You are a certified tech, right?

No. Why would you assume that? If I was certified in every technology I support, I'd be the most certified person on the planet. As a consultant, I am called on to learn and support new systems constantly. Is that a requirement to ask for assistance on this site?

Offline jbbts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 10:20:16 AM »
Not going to work without a SIP Channel License for the SIP Trunk.  If you don't have that you might as well stop spinning the wheels now, or buy it from the installing dealer.   Adding licenses is an even bigger issue, because they are added through a AMC licensing server tied to the original installers licensing account.

Non dealers aren't able to add licenses.

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 08:41:42 AM »
This covers non-MBG SIP with 5000/Office 250:

https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/pdf/help-and-support/voice-over-ip/WSIPTMiVO250noMBG.pdf

I've never used BT or Flowroute but IME SIP trunking is a matter of toggling parameters until it starts working and rarely are the problems insurmountable.

Offline RLyon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 10:29:49 AM »
In FlowRoute under Interconnection>Sip registration you'd need to add the Sip Credentials to your in-bound/out-bound routes. Add their IP and FQDN under SIP Peers>Sip Trunk Groups>92XXX> Configuration and You'll have to add about 3-4 other IP's you'll get from FlowRoute.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10