Author Topic: installing virtual micollab on existing vMBG?  (Read 743 times)

Offline mattyboy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
installing virtual micollab on existing vMBG?
« on: March 22, 2019, 10:21:13 AM »
have a few question still a but new with this stuff  customer has an existing virtual mbg with 7 teleworker phones now they are going to give micollab to 12 other users  I have the licenses for the virtual application and the 12 users. the question can I install it on the existing VM that runs the MBG  and use the existing app record to license   or do I need a new VM  that runs the micollab and create a new app record?

Thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: installing virtual micollab on existing vMBG?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 11:05:47 AM »
have a few question still a but new with this stuff  customer has an existing virtual mbg with 7 teleworker phones now they are going to give micollab to 12 other users  I have the licenses for the virtual application and the 12 users. the question can I install it on the existing VM that runs the MBG  and use the existing app record to license   or do I need a new VM  that runs the micollab and create a new app record?

Thanks
You definitely need a new VM for MiCollab... MiCollab cannot "co-exist" with other application except it's own.

But you can cluster the two MBG's (MiCollab and stand-alone) or you can migrate everyone over to the MBG that is built into the MiCollab and later shutdown and decommission the stand-alone unit. 

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: installing virtual micollab on existing vMBG?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 07:04:12 PM »
I would cluster, put the MiCollab in lan and use the MBG proxy

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10