Author Topic: Stop call pickup for hunt groups callers  (Read 739 times)

Offline a.miki

• View Profile
Stop call pickup for hunt groups callers
« on: March 22, 2019, 05:49:22 AM »
Hi Guys,

Mitel novice here, I have been searching this forum the last few days but can't seem to find any similar issues, unsure if this is even possible within the system.

I have two users from a team in a hunt group as they are the only ones needed to take calls to this specific number, however, as they are part of a larger pickup group of the whole team the rest of the team keeps accidentally picking up the calls from this hunt group.

I have looked in both the pickup/hunt group options and the class of service options on the hunt groups but can see no stand out way of completing this.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Alex

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Stop call pickup for hunt groups callers
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 06:01:18 AM »
Replace the special hunt group for these two users with a multicall key. That means that calls for these two users in that special group won't be ringing on their prime line appearance and thus Call Pickup won't work.

Offline a.miki

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 06:19:06 AM »
Hello,

Thanks for the reply, they were originally set up with a multicall key so I tried to change this to a hunt group but both solutions have given me the same problem, I have also just tested by creating a multicall key with myself and my colleague but when calling this number the rest of my team are able to pickup the call.

The way we have setup multicall keys here are to take non used extensions and add this as a key to the users IP phone through the users and services configuration page, does this correctly create in the way that would work for your resolution? I am able to see the mutlicall number from 'Users and Devices -> Advanced Configuration -> MultiLine Appearance Groups'

Thanks
Alex

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 06:45:07 AM »
My recollection is that Call Pickup doesn't work for non-prime calls. Maybe a CoS option has been added in some firmware release or other to allow pickup of non-prime calls and you have it enabled.
Whenever I'm creating a multicall key for a group of people, I'm not just choosing an existing extension number to use as the number, I am creating a new one ["locate all free dn ..." maintenance command, if you're a novice]. If you're selecting an existing prime line to use then perhaps that's why it behaves as you've described.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 06:58:04 PM »
I wonder if a keyline of a trusted extension might behave different

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10